The Wedding


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
July 14th 2007
Published: August 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Blogger Wifelet

For some reason, the wedding blog got deleted when the website crashed.
It now appears that the pictures that accompanied that specific blog are attached to another, completely different blog - grrr.
I've tried deleting them but to no avail - when I log in to the Control Panel, the wedding pics are in none of our blogs, but when you, our brave and intrepid readers log in, you see the wedding pics on one of the ISD blogs!

Grrr, grrr, double grrr.

So, here I will try again to add the wedding pics in the correct place!

Here also, is run down of the day for those of you who weren't there!

Venue
Heidelberg Private Golf Club, Heidelberg, Melbourne

Theme
As we live overseas, travel extensively and had guests coming from all corners of the world, we chose the theme of travel. The handmade invites were in the form of travel itineraries (which caused some consternation), the favours were luggage tags and the menu was a boarding pass! Additionally, each of our tables had flowers from the different continents we have visited.

Wedding Weekend
Having guests (and family) come from all over the world meant we wanted to see them as much as possible. So the wedding weekend included a breakfast before the ceremony, a brunch the day after, and a dinner the night before as well as the wedding! It was an absolutely perfect way to see everyone and also dragged out the celebrations so we felt we were getting married every day!

Ceremony
Our wonderful celebrant Gillian Ferguson helped us write our own deeply personal and magical ceremony and vows. We included rituals important to us - a picture book reading by my mother, unity candle lighting and a guest blessing.

The ceremony was held in a small room in the golf club where we had chapel seating. On all the walls were prints of famous Australian artists like Arthur Streeton - windows lined one whole wall and we all looked out onto the lush golf course.
I was OUTRAGEOUSLY emotional and had some rather unappealing snot issues. I was just so happy but also crying at the same time, it got so bad that I ended up doing that hysterical half sob half laugh that just sounded like a wounded animal. God, i CAN wait for the video...

I blame Dad completely as he did the breathing in a wobbly breath when "Fragile" started as we began our walk down the aisle - you know when your Dad starts, you have no chance!!

Reception
I worked for the caterer of our wedding (Tim Hollands) for 5 years and there was absolutely no doubt they would cater for us! The room was beautiful, all in white and silver with the sunset lit Melbourne bush in the background.
We started with nibbles (sushi, chicken gougons, calamari, noodle boxes and rice paper rolls) and our choice of delicious drinks (James Boag Premium, Aussie wines and TO DIE FOR champers that I consumed FAR too much of), followed by a seated buffet (salmon, lamb, roast vegies, chicken and mango salad) and our scrumptious Mars Bar wedding cake.

The whole menu was a hit - no one went hungry or thirsty the whole night (our number one priority!).

Dress
I bought my dress from a clearance store and had it altered as it was so big! The dress was nothing like I ever thought I would choose but as my very helpful shopping friend pointed out, “every time you put that dress on, you smile”.
I had some DRAMAS with the alteration but in the end it all worked out beautifully. (Thank god, cos there was almost a Bridezilla moment)


Wedding Party
Doug was attended by his younger brother and three best friends from high school, two of whom came from interstate. My bridal party was a two university friends, Alana and Emma, Carla (a Kiwi) who taught with us in China and Cass, my maid of honour, was my best friend from the UK.

The boys hired their charcoal pinstripe suits from Roger David. The bridesmaids were given $100 and told to buy something they loved in grey or silver. We bought them pashminas and silver and pearl necklaces as both gifts and a unifying element for the day.

If I may say so myself, we have DAMN good looking friends!!

Flowers
My grandmother, a retired florist, did an absolutely sensational job of realising our vision for the flowers. We chose flowers in hot pink and white as the venue was predominately green and we wanted a bit of spunk! My bouquet consisted of lilies, tulips, gerberas and roses. The attendants held or wore hot pink gerberas.

Photography and Videography
We found a wonderful photographer who took sensational photos and gave us all the negatives and disks for an exceptional price! Amazingly, one of our friends is a movie director and kindly videoed the day for us for mates rates. We still have to actually process the raw footage into something watchable but even to have it is an absolute miracle!

We could not have asked for A SINGLE THING to be better.

The whole day was MAGNIFICENT.

Can we do it again??




Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



18th August 2007

Wedding blog
Everytime I look at the photos it brings back such beautiful memories and happiness. It was a very magical day for all involved. Glenn and I celebrated our 30th wed anv earlier this year and to have Doug and Bec marry in the same year makes it all so very very special..

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb