Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
June 23rd 2007
Published: June 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Melbourne early hours of Saturday morning, very tired and this time very cold!! I yet again didn't wear a very good choice of clothes...flip flops and a skirt. Yup i was freezing! We caught a taxi to our hostel and luckily we were allowed to check in straight away so we were able to get a few hours sleep before setting off on our first day around Melbourne. We went for a wandr to find out where we were. We were in the city really close to all the shops and restaurants so we had a look around some shops and got some food as we hadn't eaten since the plane! We then came back to the hostel and booked some trips to keep us busy for the next few days and early evening time we then headed out for an italian. We were both feeling really tired as hadn't had much sleep so decided to head back to the hostel to catch up on some sleep as we had fairly early morning the next day. However... got back to the hostel,the bar was packed full of people, music playing etc. etc. Got up to our room and lucky for us we were right above the beer garden....lovely and quiet!lol Anyway it didnm't matter coz we were so tired that we managed to get straight to sleep anyway.
Day 2
After a nice full nights sleep..eventually! Felt much more awake and we were looking forward to our trip. We had booked to go to Phillip Island to see the penguins. The bus picked us up about ten past 11. On the way to see the penguins there were two activities. First we stopped off at 'The Gurdies' to do some wine tasting-wasn't the best tasting wine but hey it was free!:-) We then went on to a wildlike park where we got to feed Kangaroos and Walabees-one even took a liking to Steve and was holding his hand.awww! We also got to see Koalas(not sure how u spell it!) and a Tasmanian devil. We then left the park and headed to Phillip Island to see the Penguins. We sat on the beach to watch them swim in and waddle up the beach, it was lush!We then walked along the boardwalk and followed them as they walked (or waddled) up to there nest). All in all had anothere great day and can't wait for tomorrow!!

Advertisement



25th June 2007

Arrival in Oz
Hey I do hope that was you Stacy that was wearing the skirt upon arriving in Australia and not Steve...sounds like you are already having a good time. Looking forward to seeing the photos..!
25th June 2007

cymru am byth
good to hear from you both all sounds brilliant what your doing.worried about steve wearing a skirt! did he get the phone number of that kangaroo!keep having a wonderful time,love you loads,speak to you soon.XXXp.s have a brill day at the allblacks game on saturday stay safe both of you
27th June 2007

Too much to see
Stop wasting time writing blogs and crap, we'll hear all about it when you get back!! Hope you picked up a waving cat for me in Singapore, height of tack, and would look fab on my table! Have fun, and take care xxx

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb