Welcome to Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
February 10th 2006
Published: February 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

HI everyone. We got to Melbourne yesterday after a long 12 hour bus ride...Didn't sleep much but hey, that's part of the deal! The thing is, every time you arrive in a new city, you have no idea where you are, no idea where your hostel is, and no idea how to reach it. Sydney was easy, we had a pickup from the airport but Melbourne was the real deal....Rain and an hour of walking in the wrong area...you know...it's always like that.

But we finally found our place (St. Arnaud hostel) a kind of B& B with old furnitures...The staff is jsut great and they really really want us to feel just like home!

We walked a little bit yesterday towards the city...had to run a few trimes because of the rain but it cleared up at the end of the day. Melbourne is very English as in Victorian..It's different from Sydney...It's more relax...i can't realy explain it.

Lots of jobs around here too...Especially in marketing, sales and promotions...no experience needed!!???!!!! So i'm thinking i might do that kind of job back from NZ....We'll see!!

Today, we're walking around st. kilda, the backpackers area of Melbourne....It's still a bit cloudy and not super warm but hey, we can't complain, at least it's not snow!!!

Talk to you soon!!


Advertisement



11th February 2006

Rain is better than snow :)
You guys are soooo lucky!! I look at your beach pics and go awwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Ya both look great and seem to be having a blast! Keep taking pics and writing. I'm enjoying reading all of your travel stories! :) Stay safe Maude!
11th February 2006

You sound like you're having fun
Hi Maude; Feeling a little better tonight, have a wicked cough and cold and just feel lousy. Great that you are both having fun. Sounds so nice there, I bet I would luv it....especially these cold days..take care, hi to phil Eva

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb