Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
June 5th 2003
Published: September 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Bedroom BalconyBedroom BalconyBedroom Balcony

Stood on the balcony St.Kilda Melbourne. Slightly better view than the brick wall i had in London...
After the last 3 months travelling on the Oz experience Bus along the east coast we caught a flight down to Melbourne in oder to replenish our battered bank accounts. Even though i am on holiday i feel a sense of holiday blues. the east of Australia is one of the best areas i have ever travelled and i have had an amazing 3 months doing it.

Melbourne seems nice though, abit chilly compared to Cairns. I like the trams....
I arrived in my thongs and shorts from 33oC Cairns to 4oC Mebourne: not a wise thing to do.
Now living on the Esplanade in St. Kilda. right on the beach, average looking beach but i am told the place really comes alive in the Aussie summer. I a staying here for 6 months and really looking forward to the Rugby World Cup and just living in the most liveable city in the world!! what? have they not been to Manchester???

Initially i stayed in 'Hotel Bak Pak' a big soulless dump of a hostel i would not recommend it anyone, all the hostels in central Melbourne do not seem to be too good actually, there is a distinct lack of Atmosphere here compared to Sydney, i think it is due to all the backpackers flocking to the suburbs like St. Kilda, so thats where i have decided to live. Lots of pubs clubs restaurants and cafes and a good atmosphere too.





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Rugby World Cup NightRugby World Cup Night
Rugby World Cup Night

With plenty of room in the frame, i dont see why we had glued our ears to Kevs shoulders.


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb