Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » South Yarra
April 26th 2015
Published: April 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Good evening everyone, this morning, Stu, myself and Sue went to South Melbourne market, I just love that market, it is the perfect place to go on a Sunday, throw on a sweat jumper, sweat pants and go down there and have breakfast and coffee or lunch and a drink. There's music playing, people singing and playing instruments and just browse around the market. A real Sunday or Saturday place to go to, to unwind from the working week (not that I have that to worry about for the moment !!). Then later on in the afternoon, because I have no idea where the time goes, we all went out to Studley Park Boating Lake which is in a huge park in the middle of the city, nothing like the boating lake up the Sports Centre!!! I said to them all, this grey sky is not looking good in my photos!! It was a beautiful lake where you can hire the boats out, would be perfect on a sunny day. From there we went into Yarra Bend Park to see the fruit bats, there were just thousands of them hanging from the trees. We waited until they started to wake up and in the meantime a chap came over to us and asked us if we wanted to see a possum which he had captured in his house. He was very kind because they are a menace, so instead of killing them, he would bring them to the park and release them. He said he has caught 10 in his house in 2 years, they somehow find a way in. So, coming back home, we were looking forward to our Kangeroo casserole which Sue popped in the oven before we went out and to top it all whilst in the car I said, 'what date is it '? 26 April. Well that's our wedding anniversary, 11 years. Yet again we both forgot !! So how good is that we're in Aussie and having Kangeroo casserole on our anniversary !! However, I did bring over a card from the UK already written out for him, but for the life of me I now cannot find it and even worse the Kangeroo casserole is burn't !!! Not kidding. It is a disaster !!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb