Karol and Stu


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Port Melbourne
January 18th 2015
Published: January 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi, we've just come back from a great weekend away, had no wi -if, it was remote, well almost !!, cut off from the outside world !! Sue and Brian treated us to a log cabin in the Yarra Valley which is wine country. The first day we went to an animal sanctuary where Sue got in a tank and played with a platypus, then we all got in to an enclosure with the kanagroos and fed them. We saw koalas and a baby wallaby which was in the animal hospital because his mum had been knocked over and the baby was still in the pouch, so he had been rescued and the ranger who was telling us the story said she was his surrogate mum, so she had him in a pouch on her tummy. He really thought she was his mum because when she put him down he went off looking for her. I could have easily taken him home, he was so cute. Do you think I would look out of place carrying a wallaby up Shirley high street ? No I doubt it very much !!! We saw dingos and Tasmanian Devils and loads of other animals. It was quite hot that day, 28 degrees, haven't climatised yet and have now got the lily white pins out to colour !!

We had a BARBIE that evening at the lodge. We are getting so Aussiefied !!

The next day we went wine tasting, well every drop I tasted I liked !! We had lunch in one of the winery's and then after that we went into the Kinglake National Park and walked to some waterfalls.

Came back to the lodge, the jet lag got the better of us again ( when will it all go ? )

Oh yes, the lodge had Alpachas in the garden and everyday 3 wild kangaroos used to appear, didn't seem to bother about us, happy just nibbling away on the grass.

Came back this evening and went for a bike ride, rode about 2 1/2 miles. They have cycle lanes all over the place, so it is safe, nothing like riding The Avenue !!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



19th January 2015
image

Lodge
Hi,so happy when I see an update on your blog,you have hit the ground running by the sound of it. Hope you are getting over your jet lag now.Your trip looks and sounds wonderful,and the perfect temperature for you. Cold and frosty Monday morning here!! Keep the posts coming. Love Dolly.x

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0856s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb