Falling in Love with Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Docklands
February 8th 2010
Published: February 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We'd slept pretty badly on the plane so treated ourselves to another few layers of fancy moisturisers at the Duty Free cosmetics counters. I chose various Dior creams and by the time I'd finished, I had probably slathered on about $40 worth. Went through numerous security checks at Melbourne airport then called Steph who told us to board the Sky Train to the city centre bus station where she was waiting for us.
As soon as I spotted her, I ran over for a big hug. Steph moved to Australia with her boyfriend Graeme last year and I've not seen her for 7 months. Introduced Ellie, although they have already spoken a few times on Facebook. Graeme was at their apartment when we arrived, nursing a hangover after a 3-day Bender with his lad mates. Steph showed us round the apartment which has two balconies’ (each with a fantastic view of The Docklands area) and a huge open plan kitchen and lounge.
Steph, Ellie and I caught up on each others news, while sipping glasses of Passion Pop and sitting in the sunshine on the park opposite their apartment. The city is immaculate, and this particular Park in the Docklands area has BBQ's installed for the public to use. We cooked burgers with fresh bread and salad and enjoyed how the bubbles and sun went straight to our heads.
Feeling tipsy, we headed back to the apartment and Ellie and I snoozed on the sofa while Steph prepared dinner for us all that evening. It was lovely to be here and both of us felt instantly relaxed and content.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 3.351s; Tpl: 1.569s; cc: 26; qc: 111; dbt: 0.7804s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb