Made it to Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Docklands
November 11th 2018
Published: November 10th 2018
Edit Blog Post

View from our roomView from our roomView from our room

The Yarra River
Well, we made it! What a flight. We left Sacramento at 3:30 pm and flew to LAX. We then had a 6 hour layover. But by the time we got a bite to eat, walked from terminal 7 to the international terminal and found the Quantas check-in, we had used up 2 hours. We sat around reading and listening to music until it was time to board. Since we were leaving at 11:30 pm we didn't think we would get any food. But they must have been on Aussie time because they served us a full dinner 1:00 am California time. After that I decided it was time to sleep. I managed to get some pretty good sleep for about 6 hours. Stacy read and watched 2 movies. The flight lasted 16 hours. When we landed in Melbourne, it was 2 days later and 10:00 am. So 5 hours early on our body clocks. We checked our luggage all the way through from Sacramento and were relieved when we finally saw them on the carousel. We went through customs and found our driver who took us to our hotel. After checking in we went up to our room and took a 2 hour nap. We then went out to look for restaurants and sights.

The next morning I got up early and went for a 3 mile walk to get the blood flowing and give Stacy some peace. After breakfast, we took a tram for a ways and then walked down to the Royal Botanical Gardens. We walked around for about 2 hours and headed back to our hotel. I was pretty beat by then(old age catches up with you) so we took another nap. We hung out in the room for awhile and then down stairs to the bar to meet our tour director. We signed up for our optional excursions.

This morning we are going to walk over to the Aquarium for a tour. It is supposed to be excellent. Later we plan to take a boat ride on the Yarra River, which is just outside our room..


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

World War One memorialWorld War One memorial
World War One memorial

Today is Remembrance Day in Australia. Its like our Veteran's Day.


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb