Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Brunswick
December 19th 2012
Published: December 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Yo yo yo.

Many apologies for the rather late entry (been having too much fun you see).



So after a rather delayed entry into Melbourne we had a rather (one more time with the rather) great week! Except our poor little Bean managed to develop a temperature. Fortunately copious amounts of ibuprofen and paracetamol were consumed after nurse Sophie (following in mummy's footsteps) provided her travel thermometer to regularly check G's spiking fever (hmmm...).



However, the week was filled with various cultural and some not so cultural pursuits. We visited the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground for a cheeky spot of T20 cricket. After employing the help of an entire tramfull of Aussies, Sophie eventually came to grips with the rules of cricket. It was Melbourne vs. Hobart and much to our delight, despite a very close game, Melbourne won! We were lucky enough to witness the likes of Shane Warne and Ricky Ponting in action. Georgia and Sophie enjoyed the fireworks every time a 6 was scored (Max enjoyed the cheerleaders more).



We wandered the famous alleyways and saw really cool street art and some crazy vintage shops, with stops for the coffee Melbourne is so famous for along the way. Touring the city on its old trams was great fun - one day we ventured as far as the beach. Although Melbourne isn't known for the beaches we can safely say this one rendered West Wittering as a sand pit. Along the boardwalk we saw loads of little pengiuns (SO cute!!) whilst enjoying sandwiches and multiple games of cards. Max never quite understood the rules. We're still trying to teach him now... At least we have till June...



Another great highlight of our week was visiting an animal sanctuary, in the hills outside Melbourne. We saw baby wombats, koalas, kangas, crocs, platypus and tasmanian devils and fed parrots to our hearts content. Big thank you to Kate and Mervyn for taking us and the delicious food they gave us. It was a really great day!



On the subject of food... Sophie and Georgia have turned into quite the Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsay duo (but with better hair (only sometimes)), much to Max's delight. We've been amazed to witness Max's loaf a day bread consumption alongside his fetish for orange marmalade (in his own words: 'liquid gold, but spreadable'😉. We've also come to master the washing machine - big shout to our Mums for doing our washing for the past 18 years. Hollah. (However, your still better at it so please don't stop. Love you xxx).



After actually making our flight (woooo) onto Sydney we've now had the best week and a half. Sit tight and after the madness of New Years we will fill you in on all our shenanigans! Before we go though - cheeky preview - we climbed Sydney Harbour Bridge yesterday and would like to say a ginormous thank you to everyone who made this possible! We can safely say it was one of our best days ever!!



So thats all for now folks.... Miss you squillions, hope you haven't completely drowned in the good old English rain, and we wish an early happy and fabulous New Year!!!



muchos love

mwah mwah

gsm

Advertisement



29th December 2012

Happy New Blogging!
Hi Max - Very good to hear your news and that you are all enjoying Oz - we've had some good times in Sydney - it's a great city - and some very wet days like you. Sorry you won't be able to catch up with Judy P and family. Right now your family are all skiing in Les Gets and we two are enjoying a sunny day in Publier. Happy New Year to you all and I look forward to catching up in NZ.
31st December 2012

So great to hear all your news, we love getting the blogs. A loaf of bread a day sounds about right, Granny has promised to make you some orange marmalade when you get back! Looking forward to hearing about your New Year in Sydney. Best love xxx
31st December 2012

Happy New Year
By the time you get this you will already have enjoyed the fantastic fireworks. Love and best wishes for a happy and healthy 2013. Enjoy!! Lots of love.

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb