29 - 30 October 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Lakes Entrance
October 30th 2012
Published: November 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

On Monday we left Merimbula after a coffee by the lake and rolled back down Princes Highway to Eden. We had a quick bite to eat at Aslings Beach and then headed south back into Victoria where we pulled up at the free camp in Genoa again. It was a toasty afternoon and a backpacker added to the relaxed atmosphere by playing a few tunes on his acoustic guitar.

Tuesday we headed east to Mallacoota and after a scenic drive through the green hills we came across the isolated yet beautiful coastal town. We took a walk along the main drag before having lunch near the shimmering Mallacoota Inlet. From there we took a drive a few kms out of town to the sparkling Betka Beach and while it did not appear to be a spot for swimming you could happily spend a few hours there with a beer, book, bat and ball.

The temperature was definitely heating up by the time we headed west and when we landed in Lakes Entrance late afternoon it was time to hit the showers. This time we stayed in a caravan park by the sea and enjoyed a BBQ on what was quite a balmy evening.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0961s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb