Corryong and the Snowy Mountains


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Corryong
July 18th 2012
Published: July 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We woke up to clear blue skies in Canberra and drove of towards the Snowy Mountains. Because we had not managed to get snow chains and the weather report forecasted possible snow we took the safe option to travel north around the snow area. We stopped for some coffee and fruit at the Dog-on-the-Tucker-Box roadhouse. Just after that we turned of the Hume Highway towards Tumbarumba and drove on small mountain roads all the way to Corryong. There we check in to the Mountain View Motel and took a walk into Corryong. First we went by the Klippel family (where I lived) house and saw Val (mother). She looked very frail and she told us her memory was bad. She did not recognise me although she was very friendly. From there we walked back to do some grocery shopping and started talking to the lady in the shop. She immediately got very enthusiastic and said she knew the Klippel’s and some of the Rotarians in Corryong and that she would tell them we were in town. As we had dinner at the bottom pub somebody from Rotary came to talk to us and invited me over for a drink. It turned out that one of the ladies in the club knew Josephine Klippel (oldest daughter) and she told me she again lived in Corryong. From one thing came the other and before the evening was over Darren (son), who also had come back to live in Corryong, was down at the pub with us and we were invited for breakfast with Josephine and Chris the next morning. It was a very nice evening for all involved, especially for me.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb