Bright And Beautiful


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Bright
October 2nd 2013
Published: July 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Oh The Serenity!Oh The Serenity!Oh The Serenity!

Cannot believe we got the site so cheap!
Geo: -36.7312, 146.954

0930 We left the Park, the sun was shining and looks like a good day to explore the country side. First stop was Tower Hill Lookout over Bright. Took photo's it is truly a beautiful country side.

1000 Stopped at the Gorge on our way up Mt. Buffalo. Took photo's of waterfalls then we had another stop to take more photo's at Eurobin Falls.

Grossmans Mill picnic area, we stopped at nearly the top of Mt. Buffalo, where there used to be a timber mill which the wood from it built the Chalet in 2013. It had a decent sized lake which was weird to come upon, after winding our way up the mountain.

A lot of trees dead due to the fire that swept through in 2003, my god, so much dead wood you would never run out of fire wood. Dropped into the Dingo Dell Cafe for a hot coffee and I could not believe they did not have an open fire, but an electric heater.

1100 Went up to the old Chalet, huge place and the lookout was amazing, standing still was hard and the freezing wind meant we did not stay for long.

1145 we left
The GorgeThe GorgeThe Gorge

Could see four different waterfalls from the Gorge
the top of the mountain, the cloud had come in quite thick, very quickly. We saw some snow in small lots on the mountain. Mick got out at one stage to have a play!

Nearly out of diesel and just made it back to Bright, filled up, then off again. We are having a ball looking around.

1235 ROGER RALLEY CROSS decided to go to Huggins Lookout. It was a track suitable for a mountain goat, by the time we arrived at the Lookout, my back had started to let me know it had not enjoyed the trip. Worth a photo though, so all was okay, Mick took it a little gentler on the decent.

1300 arrived at the Berry Farm and ordered 2 Pancakes with the lot!! They were wicked is how Mick described them, he was not wrong.

Next stop, The Boynton Winery and after four tastings I bought a bottle of Feathertop Sangiavese 2011, very nice and we made our way back to town. We drove around to look at the shopping centre, it is one place I really want to come back to and stay longer.

Mick checked out the laundry and decided to do a
The Eurobin FallsThe Eurobin FallsThe Eurobin Falls

Picture perfect, so many to pick from!
load of washing, the day has started to get cooler, so we will be staying at the park for the rest of the day. Rapt to have had no rain and even sunshine this morning.







Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Mick and a little bit of SnowMick and a little bit of Snow
Mick and a little bit of Snow

Hoping our drive tomorrow over Mt. Hotham will be about the same amount!!
Berry FarmBerry Farm
Berry Farm

Micks grin says it all, it was to die for!!
From Huggins LookoutFrom Huggins Lookout
From Huggins Lookout

Was worth the view, and Roger Ralley Cross enjoyed the drive
The Boynton WineryThe Boynton Winery
The Boynton Winery

The views around here are stunning, the hard part was picking from fifty pictures.
The Very Top of Mount BuffaloThe Very Top of Mount Buffalo
The Very Top of Mount Buffalo

The wind was so cold and strong it was difficult holding the camera, staying on my feet and then shooting a picture.


3rd October 2013

Beautiful pics : )

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb