Apollo Bay- almost got us working!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Apollo Bay
December 3rd 2007
Published: March 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The car

The first couple hundred km with our new canadian friends on the wrong side of the road.

the Carthe Carthe Car

where the crazy journey began
While in Melbourne we called a hostel for a job cleaning in return for free accomodation located in Apollo Bay. So again we got on the bus and headed to Apollo Bay along the great ocean road. The hostel didn't have room for us the first night so we booked into a different one for the night. The hostel with work was brand new and georgeous. All we had to do was work for two hours everyday in return for a dorm room. So we looked for jobs in town as well, that way we could save all our money. Right away we found a job together at a coffee shop. At first we thought it was a good deal but then reliezed would never get a day off and we would have to live in a dorm the whole time. Then that night we met another canadian couple traveling west who were planning on working but deceiding not to as well but they owned a car. So we started talking. We found out they were on the same page as us, we needed to work eventually but have a little money right now so could keep traveling. We deceided the job offer just wasn't good enough and having a car instead of using the bus was way better. The next morning we woke up cramed all the gear in the car and hit the road again. Along the great ocean road there are a lot of little scenic stops so we tried to catch them all. We checked out the 12 apostles (actually there are only like 7 now cause the others have collapsed), london bridge, the loch ard gorge and more rocks and water! We got a lot of great pictures and had a little bonding time. We found out we pretty much had the same taste in music, always crucial! And just easy going couples. The car was great, little tight in the back with all our junk but cozy! Our first nights stay was in Warrnambool where we got a great deal on a self contained unit so we stayed for a couple nights. We had one great drinking night, although i think we got more alcohol on the floor then anything. Then went job and apt hunting, and came close to getting something but again deceided we just weren't ready to work yet! Its a rough life I know!!! This pretty much became the pattern for the rest of the trip with them. The one thing we did get accomplished there was they had been camping a lot before so we deceided to get some camping gear as well to save money along the way. This was definetly our best choice because seriously, for couples that is, camping is so much better than dealing with sketchy hostels.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0817s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb