Great Ocean Road


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Apollo Bay
December 5th 2006
Published: December 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

5th Dec - Day 19

The dark room led to a late start today, but still got to the airport early thanks to the Skybus. Picked up my next hire car, another Hyundai Getz, and headed down the freeway in the direction of Geelong. Made good time and was soon through the town and on the road to Torquay and the Great Ocean Road. The road wound irs way along the coast passing beach and cove after beach, all sparsley occupied but all with beautiful blue seas. The road started quite normally and was far from impressive but as I progressed it started to get more windey and hugged the cliff edge. It took a lot of concentration so probably missed the best of the views, although tried to stop quite regularly.

Arrived in Apollo Bay mid afternoon and on advice from the jovial Aussie in reception watched England throw away the 2nd test in my spacious and surprisingly cool motel room. Wandered into the town for fish and chips and tried to eat them on the esplanade but was joined by loads of over friendly flies so had to retreat to the safety of my room.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.369s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0763s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb