Hobart and Back to Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
November 14th 2008
Published: November 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hobart and Back to Melbourne
November 12, 2008

Seemed strange waking up in the middle of a field. We drove the hour into Tasmania’s largest city, Hobart. It was cool and cloudy again, but no rain. This is considered a good day in Hobart. We walked along the port where we visited with some lobster fishermen and drove up to Battery Point where there are some attractive historic homes. The best part of the day was spent with an art gallery owner that took us on a tour through the attic gallery in his19th century building. I think he commented on every single piece and we were so surprised at the quality of the work. It was a refreshing tour after seeing so much aboriginal art elsewhere.

We think we are finally used to seeing people driving cars sitting on the wrong side. When we first got to Australia we’d glance at a car going down the street and do a double take thinking a dog or a little kid was driving the car. We don’t do that anymore and Joe hasn’t opened the car door for me in weeks.

We returned the van and walked the two minutes to the Hobart airport hauling and pulling our stuff with us. An hour later we were hauling and pulling our stuff 10 minutes from the airport in Melbourne to a hotel. We are flying to Christchurch early tomorrow morning so we needed to be close to the airport. We sure wish we had given ourselves more time in Tasmania…that place is so interesting. But, we are anxious to get to New Zealand and start a new adventure.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



14th November 2008

Thank you for coming
Dear Judy and Joe, I have absolutely loved reading about your travels around Australia. It has been the best blog I have read and this makes me think that you are, or were, a professional writer of some sort. Never the less, I am so glad I followed your journey and I wish you the best in the rest of your travels and I hope you return to Australia again some day soon. Kindest regards, Mark.

Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 21; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0916s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb