4WD Scamander Style


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
December 9th 2006
Published: December 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We took some time out of birthing duties and headed down the coast to Scamander on Friday. Saturday was lovely and hot so we jumped in Ian’s 4WD (with air conditioning thank goodness), packed a picnic and made our way over the tiers that look over Scamander and St Helens. Breathtaking views from the top and even more breathtaking journeys up and down via some steep rocky (and sandy) trails. It was great fun. We had lunch at Policemans Point looking over the bay and shared the beach with two other people. Relatively crowded really! We managed to keep our lunches in our stomachs for the trip up to Eddystone Point lighthouse - the most eastern point of Tasmania - and more gorgeous views.
Overall a great day. The next day we had to spend recovering from all the excitement, eating a fabulous roast lunch (thanks Ann!) and fresh oysters and crayfish for dinner. A really lovely, relaxing weekend full of wonderful food and 4WD adventures, punctuated with regular walks and swims with Buffy the resident dog, who has learned the amazing talent of opening completely shut doors and waking you up just by staring at you with a longing look in her eyes. Very clever. Even at 6.30am (I was getting up anyway…)



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



15th December 2006

Nice landcruiser shots !!
15th December 2006

Did you share you knowledge about diff locks ????

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb