Burnie, Tasmania, Australia after I Skipped Melbourne, Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
November 15th 2023
Published: November 21st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Tour Day 35, Cruise Day 35 – Day at Sea

Tour Day 36, Cruise Day 36 – Melbourne, Australia – Melbourne was a total bust this time around. First, my roommate from the 22-day tour of Europe last summer had some craziness in his life, and he begged off until I return in January. No problem, I’ll do the hop-on, hop-off bus tour. Second, I awoke to a case of the blahs – not really sick but just not feeling well. Third, it was raining – not a good day for the hop-on, hop-off bus tour anyway! So, there will be more about Melbourne in January.

Tour Day 37, Cruise Day 37 – Burnie, Tasmania, Australia – Best of the Northwest: A Taste of Tasmania (8 hours) - Taste Tasmania's diverse northern specialties and meet some of the local wildlife on this full-day adventure that is sure to tempt your sweet tooth. Depart Burnie and head southeast through some of the beautiful towns dotted throughout Tasmania's north. Your first stop is at a local chocolate factory that specializes in Belgian-style chocolates, handmade with the freshest Tasmanian cream and butter. Browse in the museum or gift shop and sample a taste of their divine delicacies. Continue on to Sheffield, the Town of Murals, where huge, colorful murals depicting the early history of the area are painted throughout the town on every available blank wall. Visit Tasmania's Trowunna Wildlife Park to see native Australian wildlife, including the hand-fed Tasmanian devils, wallabies, echidna, kookaburras, snakes, reptiles and potoroos. Wander through the park, perhaps hold a baby wombat, and learn about Tasmania and Australia's fascinating wildlife. Enjoy a tasty picnic lunch at Trowunna. Next, visit a local Truffle Farm and learn about the history of the farm and how they came to grow the first truffle in Australia. You will head out for a brief hunt to try to find some truffles and then return to the open tour shed amongst the truffle trees where you can have a simple tasting of truffle products for the while watching a truffle grading demonstration. Drive through the pretty countryside on your way back to the ship.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Sheffield, Tasmania – The Town of MuralsSheffield, Tasmania – The Town of Murals
Sheffield, Tasmania – The Town of Murals

The Artist Calls This Piece “Pondering” ...
Sheffield, Tasmania – The Town of MuralsSheffield, Tasmania – The Town of Murals
Sheffield, Tasmania – The Town of Murals

... My First Reaction Was Reflections


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb