Possum Cats!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Richmond
April 11th 2010
Published: April 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Holy goats!!

I'm afraid this is just a mini update and hello to all you troopers - mainly because I have min time and B: cause I have a wrist 3x its usual size - aka a monster wrist which makes it rather sore to type!!

The Slime and I are now in Tasmania - zero devils spotted to date - only a possum which at first i thought was a cat!! Was pretty funny at the time - in my defense, it was dark!

Anyway - Trevor, Silme and I (Trevor being our new van and home - he's a Mitsubishi Starwagon Express!) arrived 2 weeks ago on the ferry in search or fruits that needed picking.

We started off in Cygnet - i tackled strawbs and Sime plucked apples. We fled after 2 days - it was pure strawberry hell - and the min pay (60 bucks for 2 days picking) meant it simply wasn't worth it. We headed for the Tazzie penisula for our Easter hunt - budgets are tight which meant i had 3 eggs to hunt in the forest - i soon found them so all was good. Was quite a hoot actually cause first thing in the morn Sime stumbled outside for his morning pee - he soon noticed the little kiddies out and about on their Easter hunt - here's hoping no eggs were hidden under Sime's post-pee steaming pile of leaves!!! Anyway - was good fun - checked out Port Arthur - spot where they used to keep prisoners, the invalids and the loons - always a delightful place - and then headed to Richmond - old little town just North of Hobart - in search of the grapes.

We found the grapes which is the main reason why we have been so scare - the other being that our computer went bang - HOORAY! Needless to say the Tasmanian card tournament has kicked into overdrive - Sime is currently in the lead which I am finding quite difficult to handle! anyway we are currently living in Trevor - mainly staying at a caravan park at Seven Mile Beach - yip, we're right on the beach which could in actual fact be 7 miles long - very pretty...not that we get to see it much as we're pretty much wroking 6 day weeks...and sometimes 7! It's HARDCORE!! We both hobble around like golden oldies - backs and legs broken, monster wrist creaking and soon to have 3 fingers instead of 5! but it's good fun - we've got a good team, and Fred our contractor sends us out to many a different vineyard which is cool.

Yikes - I better sign off...today has been our first day off but it's back to the vines tomorrow! our phone number - should anyone be keen for a chat! - is +61400294170 ...I'll do my best to keep in touch and report back with better tales😊

Lots of love eM, Slime, Trevor and the kids of course!

Advertisement



11th April 2010

Possums
Sounds like really hard work Em,dont overdo it now,remember you are only a wee slip of a girl ! Enjoy yourselves and many a happy adventure.

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb