Strahan & Lake St Clair


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Lake St Clair
February 2nd 2012
Published: February 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We woke up to see the mist rolling over the forest-covered hills and, after breakfast, went for a walk down by the stream. I can’t imagine why the people of Rosebery don’t spend all their spare time there…

We then spent most of the rest of the day in transit. We drove via Zeehan (“bugger all to see” as the Lonely Planet describes it – and they’re right!) to Strahan (pronounced “Strawn”, and an absolutely gorgeous upmarket village) to Queenstown. When we travelled the South Island of New Zealand a few years ago, I completely fell in love with Queenstown but this one doesn’t do its namesake any justice, so we continued on to Derwent Bridge and found a stunning camping spot at Lake St Clair. It’s a beautiful national park with plenty of walks and the most serene lakeside you can imagine (of course I got out my yoga mat!). We were going to carry on towards Hobart tomorrow but, as we like it so much here, we have decided to stay a second night. I just hope the mozzies (which are EVERYWHERE) won’t feast on us tonight.

We had a very chilled-out evening and an early night, ready to hit Lake St Clair’s trekking paths tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb