Still Wining and Dining!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
November 3rd 2006
Published: November 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sorry folks - no photos as yet because conservatively I've taken over 75 and haven't sorted yet and more importantly all the cafes don't necessarily have the ability to download photos.

We're actually in Richmond tonight - a little village about 20 min. outside of Hobart - it dates back to the 1800s and was built primarily by convicts it seems. We're in a great little self-contained cottage and actaully intend to cook ourselves a meal while we 'slug' back a little of the 'old grape' because we can't carry as many bottles on the aircraft as we'd like!! Some burden, huh?

We just spent a day and night up in Freycinet National Park on the east coast of Tassie and did the 1.5 hr. walk to the Wineglass Bay Lookout. They estimate less time but we wanted to take it a little easier as it's quite steep and the weather was glorious - sunny and about 16C with a lovely breeze. Absolutely stupendous views - if I ever get these pics up - they still won't do justice to the area. You really need a video to pan it all. That said - I don't know if I told my family how much I appreciated the digital camera for my birthday but it was the best gift ever - and with my 2 GB disk - I'm clicking like crazy.

We're off to sail in Hobart harbour tomorrow am and do a last minute tour of the shops before we fly back to our friends in Sydney. Happily we've made most of our reservations in New Zealand - there'll be considerable travelling there as well - even when you try to space out the days but we're looking forward to it. Good news is that the weather just keeps getting warmer over here - nah-nah-nahnah-nah!

And thanks for the tip Judy - we've got the apt in Queenstown so we're in good shape. Our friends have loaned us the Lonely Planet book on New Zealand and it's an excellent reference if any of you folks are travelling to a new destination. Problem continues to be - so many sites....so little time. Guess that just means we'll have to come back again!!

Anyway - will leave you now. Hope all are well in your respective houses. Take care and we are thinking of you - because we'd love to share these sites with you all. TTFN - Love Us.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb