Grant and Rae's Oz Trip Feb/Mar 2014


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
February 27th 2014
Published: February 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Back at James........got back from Bruny about 16.30.

Had a lot of rain during the night but it had eased off by the tine we were up. Had a great breakfast delivered by the 43 Degrees folk. Most of us went for walk before our Wilderness Cruise and were rewarded by more wallabies, including albino ones - unfortunately I had only my phone camera.

Went off on our Pennnicott cruise at 11, by which time the weather was fine. We were first on the jetty and one of the tour leaders recognised Scottish accents and told me her grandfather was from Glasgow and had emigrated to Melbourne. The trip was amazing - see pics. Some amazing cliff formations (jurassic dolorite!), blowholes, cormorants, seals, gannets, albatrosses and went sailing in a wild Southern Ocean........in particularly weird but effective waterproof coats! We were out for almost 3 hours, and our hair was definitely a mess when we got back! Exhilarating, and no sea-sickness.

Lunched in Adventure Bay before catching the ferry back to Kettering and going back to Kingston Beach. James and Clare have been great, driving miles and showing us some of the highlights of Tasmania.

A "rest" day tomorrow........maybe a game of golf........before Rae "hosts" a meal for Nick, Jacqui et al.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0712s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb