Grant and Rae's Oz Trip Feb/Mar 2014


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
February 25th 2014
Published: February 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Back again, folks.

Flew into Hobart yesterday from Melbourne. James and Clare met us at the airport and took us to their beach-side (temporary) home - just across the road from the Derwent Estuary.

Then we headed up to our temp accommodation at Nick's (Ant had ousted us at James'😉 and we all ate there. Nick (Clare's dad) is an artist and he showed us his studio complete with work-in-progressive paintings. He's working on a commission valued at A10000 dollars! There is a lovely view over the Derwent from the house.

Today we headed up Mt. Wellington, 4000 feet up. We did drive, though. Pretty windy at the top (understatement!). Awesome views! Stopped off at the Cascade Brewery before we went in to Hobart and had lunch at the waterfront. Temperature got up to 28. Returned to Kingston Beach for a swim - pretty chilly.

Then we drove 10 mins to the plot of land that Clare and James have bought - I wouldn't like to cut the grass.

Ant cooked fajitas for us at James and Clare's.

The 5 of us are off to Bruny Island tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0762s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb