21 - 25 November 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
November 25th 2012
Published: November 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The end of a long day. We are sitting in the back of the van at the Treasure Island Caravan Park in Berriedale after the owners returned from their holiday this evening. After handing over the keys and having a quick chat we got back into the swing of things out on the road. Not a bad spot to land either looking out over the Derwent River as ducks and rabbits scurry around in the fading light.

The previous four days flew by for all the right reasons. The home, the dog and the surrounding areas made for a thoroughly enjoyable time. Taking the dog for his daily walk was a great reason to exercise and see what life is like in the suburbs of Hobart. We would happily live here and a transition to a new city like this would be a breeze.

On Thursday we took a drive over to the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens. The areas surrounding the Gardens are beautiful, the views stunning and it seems to be a hot spot for joggers and walkers. The Gardens were more a showcase for different species of plants from all over the globe rather than the local flora but it is extremely easy to see Tasmanian natives throughout the state. The Japanese Garden was a highlight as were the various types of orchids enclosed in a striking temperature controlled conservatory.

We took the opportunity on Saturday to walk into Hobart and go to the famed Salamanca Markets. With over 300 stalls you definitely need the better part of two hours to walk the circuit and see what is on display. A Dutch stall had warm olie bollen and Rachel could not resist grabbing a bag, mind you I did my bit in helping her consume the contents.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1010.5kb