MONA


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
November 28th 2011
Published: February 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

MONA at Moorilla offers visitors a unique experience: a vineyard, a cellar door, a micro-brewery, accommodation, special events, a function centre and a world-class museum - the Museum of Old and New Art. The museum is a unique,confronting, challenging and memorable experience.

You can dine in The Source Restaurant and have a free wine tasting led by staff who really know wine and beer. Every Friday from 4pm to 5pm you can take a tour of the Moo Brew micro-brewery. A wine bar sits next to the winery to enjoy tapas style eats and there is a cafe for a quick coffee, pastry or sandwich.

MONA has eight accommodation pavilions overlooking the Derwent River. The pavilions feature ancient and contemporary art (and bits in between). Each pavilion has its own distinct character and is named after an artist or architect who impacted MONA. All have a fully equipped kitchen and laundry, an individual wine fridge and wireless touch panels for lighting, temperature, information and AV control. You can choose from one or two-bedroom configurations.

Read more: http://mona.net.au/


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb