3rd March 2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
March 7th 2008
Published: March 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

3rd March 2008
We left our hotel early and caught the train to the airport for a day flying to Hobart, capital of Tasmania. The weather was bright and sunny in Brisbane and we could see the land below during our flight. We had a brief stop in Sydney when we managed to post the blog for the previous day.
Tasmania looked very brown and dry as we flew over and as we landed they had their first rain for some time. Gem and the children, Emily and Josh, met us at the airport and we went back to their house for tea. The children talked non stop updating us on everything that had happened since we saw them 3 years ago!!!!
We had a lovely meal but could not use the barbecue on the new deck as the rain was a bit too persistent. Ken had bought me some good fish which he cooked while the others had steak. We fixed up with Roger to go to Bruny Island to the shack “ Auchmithie” on Wednesday and arranged to meet him to catch the 9.30am ferry.
Ken took us back to our hotel in his kitted up Mishubshi Lancer and we got ready for an early start as we planned to go and visit Ian Sanderson in Devon Hills near Launceston, which is about 2 hours North of Hobart.
Not really much time for pictures today.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb