'Lay Day' ...A great Day !


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Yorke Peninsula
October 18th 2011
Published: October 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Port Vincent Port Vincent Port Vincent

view along the front of the caravan park towards town
To day because the weather forecast was for in excess of 30 C, we had decided to have a rest day and have some beach time. However true to form Trish decide to strip and clean the inside of the van, anything that moved got washed, she discovered 'stuff' she did not know we had, and generally had a spring clean to end them all, including all of Jackies' blankets and towels.. Not only is 'shopping' in the genes but also....

So, because I had to 'do something' I washed the car and the van, as well as managing to meet Jim and Sheila, farmers from Swifts Creek, (near Omeo), and caught up with all the 'catch of the day' news from Trev and Lyn, our great neighbours from Adelaide.

After the mornings flurry of activity it was time to hit the beach with Jackie, where we discovered that the tide was 'way out' and it seemed half of the caravan park was out there crabbing, (for Blue Swimmers). so not only time for some fun on the beach with Jackie, but also to 'negotiate' some dinner for Trish and I !!

We also learnt that today's tide
Port Vincent Port Vincent Port Vincent

Crabbing for blue Swimmers
was called a 'Dodge Tide', which apparently only occurs in three places in the world, What this means is (i think) that there is no more than 2 ft variance in height between all 4 tides in 24 hours ...how cool is that info for a trivia night !!!

The day was hot , well in excess of 30C, and the water was like a mill pond, with the tide out it made for some great pics as you will see.

The G & T' s later in the afternoon followed by a meal of freshly cooked Blue Swimmer Crabs, (compliments of Trev & Lyn), and fresh King George Whiting topped off a 'reasonable' day.....sorry. (hehe!!).


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Port Vincent Port Vincent
Port Vincent

we went out at low tide to see what all the crabbing was about
Port Vincent Port Vincent
Port Vincent

Jackie loved it !
Port Vincent Port Vincent
Port Vincent

Playing whilst serious crabbing was going on around us !
Port Vincent Port Vincent
Port Vincent

The front of the caravan park looking towards town
Port Vincent Port Vincent
Port Vincent

Jackie having a bath after some serious beach work !
Port Vincent Port Vincent
Port Vincent

Look where the caravan park is !!
Port Vincent Port Vincent
Port Vincent

Blue Swimmers for tea !!


24th October 2011

Crabs and Trivia!
Wow, a dodge tide, who knew!? Sure Jackie had a great time at the beach did she find any crabs? Making me jealous with all your fresh seafood. A reasonable day indeed!
3rd November 2011

yummy
now that I have viewed the piccys, i see what all the sea food is all about and all i can say is OMG. jackie is so much having a ball. I can see the suntans too. how amazing. so healthy you 2. The parks are amazing too so close to the beach.thanks again for the commentaries and the phone calls.
6th November 2011

AWESOME PHOTOS!!!
Still can't comment on the photos...must be something to do with the work computer setup but they are great photos! Jackie looked like she had a ball, except for the bath in the bucket - she doesn't look like she is enjoying that too much!

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb