Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Wilpena
June 15th 2014
Published: June 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi travel lovers and followers.

Here is part three of the most recent adventure from Wilpena Pound.

What a great place to venture out from. The weather for the last day or two has been absolutely disgusting. Cold wet and windy, BUT in between the breaks we managed to venture out and get in some of the sights.

Today however was an absolute cracker and we managed to take in many of the sights that we wanted to visit doing the loo, like Blinman, The Parachilna Gorge, the Prairie Hotel at Parachilna, Beltana Road House, Brachina Gorge. What a great day with quite a bit of full on Four wheel driving through the gorges via the dry creek beds etc. We can see why so many people make this area a visiting point.

The scenery was spectacular with different views at every turn. I must also say, we have struck the area at it's absolute best as they had around 2 inches (50 mm) of rain a couple of weeks ago and it is as green as it will ever be. Normally it would be totally dry with red dust etc. People we met previously said it was that dry before the rain you could only "buy" water as everywhere had totally dried up. It is totally the opposite now with water in the billabongs and some water still in the creeks etc.

Hope you like the photos. Especially the photo bomb of the Cruiser which could be an add for Toyota.

Happy viewing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



16th June 2014

Beautiful Photos
enjoy yourselves. Thanks for blogging. x
16th June 2014
Brachina Gorge with a cruiser bomb

Great Photo's - looks like you are having a great time.
16th June 2014
Brachina Gorge with a cruiser bomb

Australian Adventure
Thanks Kerry. Yes we are having a great time. We are really pleased we have the time to take our time and have a good look around rather than just passing through these places. Hope you enjoy your travels just as much.

Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 28; qc: 110; dbt: 0.1135s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb