port Elliot to port Augusta


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Port Augusta
July 2nd 2016
Published: July 2nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Well I have given up with day counters! I do know it's Saturday and we left Port Elliot this morning with a quick stop to buy some deodoriser for my stinky swag, I have high hopes!
So we have had to replan and as a result found ourselves with a long leg and no realistic camping option findable at short notice so we are in a motel.
As we moved through to the other side of Adelaide the weather improved and we stopped at Port Germain to stretch our legs and revisit the old jetty where we have been before. The drive passed lots of wheat fields and tomato and olive plantations.
At one point we were alongside a goods train that went on for ever. I counted 104 trucks but could have got that wrong by a few. It was bloody long!!
The jetty was closed due to structural damage caused by storms and a king tide, but it was still a nice stop for fresh air and think about great times when we were last here.
So we reached Port Augusta and will move on to our camp tomorrow in the Port Lincoln national park.
The weather is improving and hopefully will begin to live up to South Australia being the driest state! And hopefully all our teething troubles are behind us.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb