Tow Vehicle and overcoming adversity.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Mid North
May 29th 2012
Published: May 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Brutus IIIBrutus IIIBrutus III

Meet Brutus III
Two protests about no photo of the new tow vehicle, so here he is in all his glory - Meet Brutus III. He looks just like Son of Brutus but white. A lot shinier, a better motor but still a TRUCK. We love Nissan's.

Over the past three weeks we have added a bullbar with two towbars on the front so we can drive the van into place as we are such incompetent backers, snorkel, dual battery system, driving lights, UHF radio, rear vision camera on both the van and the vehicle, electric brake controller, had a special shelf built for the back of the vehicle with a cargo barrier and the fridge slide bolted into place right next to the plug to run it.

Mieke wants to know where the bookshelves are, sorry cannot fit into the van but it is amazing how many books you can fit into a plastic tub. Cannot bring myself to have an e-reader. Unreliable download when you live in Brinkworth and the cost of the best sellers I read are huge. The latest Baldacci mass market paperback $7.44 whilst the e-copy is $17.95. I cannot lend it to my friend feral Sheryl
Brutus IIIBrutus IIIBrutus III

Pumping up the van tyres
or even Graham. We have worked out Graham and I would need 4 e readers and Sheryl 2 to keep us happy and the books circulating.

The Adversity? Firstly Graham was bitten by a bee/wasp on Saturday and we spent time at both Snowtown and Clare Hospitals watching his hand and arm swell. He has been unable to do any work which requires holding a tool since. Today he managed a few jobs. Second we started packing the van and discovered a small leak. We contacted the manufacturer saying we would get it fixed when we got home but he wasn't happy, so today he and an off-sider drove to Brinkworth and fixed the problem. They saw what it was almost immediately just needed some siliconing, but he insisted that the whole front window come out a new rubber was installed and refixed. Whilst here they also checked a few more things and went away happy. We were impressed with the service. Thank you Rudi and Julius.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

UHF radioUHF radio
UHF radio

They are so tiny these days


29th May 2012

When is the off?
Sounds like it is all coming togther nicely. When do you hit the road?
30th May 2012

Champing at the bit
We are heading off first thing on Saturday morning. I have a meeting at 5:30pm on Friday evening, last things into the van, get up put the Eco Pot stew on to start, shower, breakfast and hit the road. Graham (or GMan as he is known now) hopes to get some where between Broken Hill and Willcannia for overnighting. BUT not too close to Wilcannia.
29th May 2012

Nice of Rudi to make the trip to fix the leak. Everything looks well thought out & in it\'s place. Should be a trouble free trip, only hope our weather has settled down for U, totally awful right now, more like south WA early winter temps & cold strong wind. Wish we were on the road up north, although rain & coastal winds are spoiling things up there as well. Looking forward to your arrival.
30th May 2012

Very Swish!
All looks fabulous. My tickets in the next deaf lottery came today so if I win we will be on the road today. It's like summer here - 25 degrees today. We need some rain and soon.
31st May 2012

Brutus 1
I saw the original Brutus in town the other day - still going strong! Has another satisfied owner who goes bush. I wonder if he has trouble keeping Brutus on the road when they come to the old bush two-up track?
3rd April 2013

Nice vehicle
I read about your nice new tow vehicle with interest. It looks great. You have inspired me to consider writing about my tow vehicle soon. I hope you have lots of good trips in it. I also have a travel blog here http://robbiebago.blogspot.com.au/

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb