Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Melrose
June 15th 2014
Published: June 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi travel followers.

Really sorry it has been some time since the last blog, BUT it is the same old story. I.e. So much to see and do and so little time to do it all and log it to the blog etc.

After leaving Clare, we moved not far up the road for a nights free camp at Yaka (Yakamoorundy) and then on to Melrose and stopped at the Showgrounds for a few days and what a great spot it was. It just happened to be the annual "fat tyre" mountain bike competition and the town was basically totally booked out and buzzing with activity. We also finally got a chance to have a decent camp fire. See the photos. Now that is a camp fire.

On top of that, the sunrises were spectacular.

From there we did a detour via Port Augusta and then headed further up the middle via Quorn (lovely historic town) to Hawker and spent another couple of days exploring the town and surrounding area before moving on again to Rawnsley Park Station.

I will leave you at this point to digest the photos and pick you up on the next blog as there are too many great photos to add them all to one blog.

Hope you like the update.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



16th June 2014

so many memories
It is lovely following your travels. This is where we went, on our trip with Robert and Tracy, last year. Great memories for me. Have fun xx

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb