We visit the Lucindale Field Day


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Lucindale
March 21st 2015
Published: March 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

During our travels we heard about the Lucindale field day and realised that we would be able to fit it into our travels. Neither of us had ever visited a field day so we were keen to go.



We left the caravan in Naracoorte and drove to Lucindale. As we got closer there was no confusion about where to go as all we had to do was follow the traffic. The closer we got the more vehicles we saw.



The local Lions club was very prepared with two lanes marked out for cars entering the parking paddock. We were ushered to a place to park and prepared for the final walk to the entrance. Luckily we remembered to count the number of rows of parked vehicles as we walked.



We had expected the field day to be big, but it was HUGE. We spent at least four hours there and only covered about half of the exhibits. The happy crowd had a definite country family flavour with lots of people calling out to others that they knew.



There was every type of exhibit that you could imagine. Big farm machinery, sheep yards, sheep and cattle breeds, boats, tools of every kind, quad bikes, fertilizer, special feeds for stock, college boarding houses (including Immanuel where Joan found staff members she knew on duty), knives, hats, socks, toys and much more.



We watched quad bikes show how they could handle very deep mud and were fascinated by sheep dog trials. It is definitely worth going to a field day if you get a chance.

As we walked to the car par we realised finding our 4WD would be easy as we were the only one with a bright yellow kayak on top!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb