Day 110 Australia, Flinders ranges!!!


Advertisement
Published: March 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,



We were up early again for breakfast packing up the bedding and had the first tour on the opal mines in the morning, due to the long drive we had ahead of us!! We drove around Coober Pedy for about 30 minutes (it's very small) Sam the tour guide pointed out the underground church, which we had a look in. Also shown us the different film sets they have used for various movies and we also had a go at "noodling" for opals. We then had an opal tour including a video showing how opal was created millions of years ago, the types and how it is now mined across Australia. We went in an old, and the first mine in Coober Pedy, then we then looked at the opal show room stock.



By 10am we were continuing the journey south. We stopped off at a salt lake and again saw how the landscape changes to flat low lying green vegetation towards the Flinders Ranges where we were to sleep among the red gum trees of Stony Creek Bush Camp.



We were not allowed a fire as it was too windy and there was risk of bush fires. I was so cold everyone wanted one!!



Had some beer, some really good food; sausages, sweet potato mash vegetables and a pepper sauce!!! MMM!!!





A Crazy drunk Australian man turned up at our camp site so we let him drink with us but after awhile he started trying to steal beers and then fell over and got nasty wanting to fight people!! We just put him back on his bike and told him to go!!! I t was funny but worrying at the same time!!!



After the owner came and told us to quiet down, we all got in our swags (Neil even let me into his double as it was so cold) and fell asleep!!





Love V&N X


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.471s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 18; qc: 52; dbt: 0.2234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb