Sheringa Beach - free camping


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Eyre Peninsula
October 28th 2011
Published: November 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sheringa BeachSheringa BeachSheringa Beach

Free camping
It was quite a sad day leaving our fantastic caravan park in Coffin Bay, Trish and I really liked this place the Bay is really fantastic.

Leaving Coffin Bay we decided to see some of the farmland of the EP and as such headed inland for Cummins. On the way we were astounded by the quality and amount (hectares) of cropping in the area. If your desire was to be a 'Diesel burning Cropper" you would and should consider this district. Despite the obviously fantastic season, it is is still great cropping country. No jobs here fro Regional Vic Farm Services (Joe!) as it is all aerial sprayed. Maybe I (Mike) needs a pilot license next ! Cummins is a thriving service hub for these farming communities, noticeable by the two largest business' being a John Deere and a New Holland Dealerships. Settled in 1904, Cummins has a number of historic buildings including the old Butter factory. The Cummins Milling Co is the only flour mill on the EP, producing bread flour and stock feed, while a huge silo and bunker system provides grain storage before transporting to Port Lincoln. This town is all about grain, speaking of flour we went to the 5 loaves bakery for the best meat pies and coffee. On leaving we were told their vanillla slices were famous and had won several awards so along with some bread rolls we took a couple with us.

The local newsagent was a 'Countrylink" for both the Westpac and ANZ banks, which was perfect for Trish to do some banking. One bank counter on each side of the shop, the husband wore the Westpac uniform and his wife wore the blue ANZ , amazing. We have found people in these small country towns to be very friendly and full of good information. Leaving Cummins we headed across to Mount Hope to join the Port Lincoln - Ceduna road again to continue up the west coast of the EP. Some 60Klm up the road passing Lake Hamilton we came to the Sheringa Beach turnoff which was to be our destination for the next three days. We found our camp site protected by some sand dunes and low scrub and set up with the anticipation of relaxing for the next few days.

Advertisement



6th November 2011

Another free camping gem!
What a set up!!! Looks fantastic.

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb