Heading to Coffin Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Eyre Peninsula
October 24th 2011
Published: November 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Coffin Bay Coffin Bay Coffin Bay

CB Caravan Park...great spot
After our amazing free camp on the beach and hot showers the next morning watching the waves break on the beach 20 Mtrs in front of us we leave Port Gibbon and head for Coffin Bay.

Our first stop along the way is Arno Bay and would you believe it - it is renowned as SA's Kingfish and Aquaculture Capital ! Once a major port servicing the local farming area, superphosphate shipped in and cereal crops shipped out. Today Arno Bay (popultion 270) is a popular holiday spot particularly with anglers. Next is Port Neil, 35 klm down the track. Port Neil according to the blurb is "perfect for fishing'!!! Once a bustling seaport the town is now a favourite with holiday makers with a fantastic lawned foreshore area. Picture perfect as the sign indicated on the road into town. Another 40Klm brings us to Tumby Bay, set against a backdrop of gentle rolling farm land and the Koppio Hills. As we pulled in, fellow caravaners indicated to us that the bakery was the place to stop, all this whilst eating their meat pies. This proved to be right and the coffee (apparently) was OK too. Trish even managed to find a Bendigo Bank in this sleepy sea side town and so the banking was done. The Bank teller passed on more good info for our travels. Yes you guessed it, Tumby Bay is another popular holiday and fishing destination, bit of a theme happening on the E.P. There was a good looking caravan park on the foreshore and an interpretive mangrove boardwalk, quite a happening town.

Now we make a bee line for Coffin Bay, via Port Lincoln, which will be our stopover for the next 4 nights. From here we intend to do Port Lincoln and the surrounds so watch out for the next blog.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Coffin BayCoffin Bay
Coffin Bay

what a great place


Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.078s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb