Awash in Wine


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Barossa Valley
March 14th 2018
Published: March 14th 2018
Edit Blog Post

111

Waiting in the grass
Blog 5



Barossa Valley - March 14, 2018 – Weather forecast: cloudy with a high of 22°C and a 53% humidity – light winds



Today was set aside as a full day of sightseeing in the Barossa Valley which is to include a tour of two different wineries where we are to have wine tastings.



Our tour departure was not until 10 am so I arose early for a walk around the adjoining golf course in the hopes of spotting some kangaroos in the “wild”. I was duly rewarded as I came up on a mob of four kangaroos grazing along the fringes of the fairways. We kept our respected distances and they didn’t seemed to be overly concerned that I was there taking their photos. They almost seemed to be posing.



Breakfast was at the hotel and included in our package. It was a full buffet offering.



We boarded onto the bus at 10:00 am with Rog providing excellent commentary as he navigated the winding route to our first winery of the day, the Langmeil Barossa. We lucked out as this is harvesting time in
222

Can we play through?
Australia and the wineries are in full production mode; so, we had an opportunity to view the grapes on the vine through all stages of production to the final product that of course we tasted. This winery has the distinction of having some of the oldest vines in the country at over 170 years of age.



After a short drive through the valley we arrived at an outlook which gave us an opportunity to see the valley spread out in front of us. Then Rog drove us back into one of the local communities where we had the opportunity for a light lunch. Rog suggested several local eateries including a bakery which he frequently visits when he is in the area.



The afternoon was spent at Seppeltsfield Winery with a second opportunity for wine tasting. At the end of the touring we stopped at a local grocery to pick up food items for our dinners as we were on our own this evening for dinner.



We ate our dinner on our balcony and were entertained by a flock of birds including a number of parakeets. After several attempts to capture them
333

Fermination in open bins
in photos at a distance from the balcony I took the camera and went out onto the lawn for an attempt to get closer for better shots.



Tomorrow is another early day as we have to return to Adelaide Airport to fly up to Alice Springs, and Uluru (Ayers) Rock.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

44
4

Aging wine in oak
55
5

Dinner quest
66
6

More quests


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb