The Final Word


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
October 21st 2016
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -34.9258, 138.6

Our last day in Delhi was spent at the hotel. We caught up on internet news etc and I wrote my blog. The cricket turned out to be on the following day so I went for a swim in the hotel pool instead. Lunch was OK at the buffet. We gathered in the Rouge Bar at 7pm (when it opened) for final drinks with the group. We had been lucky in that the 13 of us all got along well. The group just in front of us had 37 in it. What a difference a day makes. We were going to be the first to leave the next morning so it was goodbyes all round. We had planned to have dinner in the upstairs restaurant but it was booked out (although there was nobody in there at 8-30) Evidently it was women's day and they had to fast until the moon came up so were late dining.

We joined the others and again ventured to the buffet. Wednesda night was supposed to include Chinese dishes. We did have some very nice dim sums for starters but that was about where it ended. Again we had to settle for that old favourite Jacobs Creek Chardonnay as our wine as all others seemed to be not in stock. this on top of the act that the bar had no tonic water!! Again the food was tasty without being spectacular.

On Thursday we woke at 4-20am as we were picked up at 5am for our trip to the airport. It was weird driving along Delhi roads at that hour with very little other traffic. We made good tie so had a three hour wait at the airport during which we had coffee and ham and cheese toasted sandwiches for breakfast.

the flight to Singapore went smoothly and then we faced a 5 hour wait there. This is when we miss using the Qntas Lounge. We found Harry's bar but a bottle of Chilean Sauv Blanc cost $80. We could not get on the internet there After a couple of hours we relocated to the Sports Bar where I could get WiFi. We settled for a Tiger Beer there. Our plane left at 11-10pm and was pretty full for the direct flight to Adelaide. I even managed a few hours sleep and we touched don at 8am local time.

It has been a great experience to see India and especially to tick the Taj Mahal off the bucket list. I'll never forget the traffic and the sight of cars blithely doing U-turns and driving against the traffic on the freeway! I would like to see more of Rajisthan and the south of India so there may be a trip there in the future. the Trip-a-Deal delivered for the low cost we paid.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb