Adelaide to Delhi


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
February 10th 2017
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -34.9258, 138.6

Another day, another adventure!
We are off to India...!! We have been invited to a huge Wedding in Aligarh, India and we are excited!! After a sleepless night, due to the extreme heat we had yesterday (43 degrees) and during the night, it was very humid inside, we awoke early to start our day. Final pack of our bags, the off to the airport, Melanie taking us there.
Checked in, and whilst filling out our customs forms, Nikki rings us to say the alarm is continually beeping and won't switch off..........why now?? Every time we go away, something happens at home or work!
Well, after ringing the security man to advise there is a problem, we had to continue thru customs. Once on the other side of customs, Nikki messaged to say the alarm had gone off again..... Can't believe it, do security man arranged to come and check. We can't do anything from where we are, feel helpless, just hope all is ok as shortly we will have no communications until Singapore, and that's only if we can get wifi before next flight.
Once we boarded and found our seats, we settled in for takeoff. So quiet, must be because we're sitting in front of the wing. Not long after, drinks trolley came along! Singapore Sling and Double Black Label Scotch!!
Lunch is served soon after, pan seared chicken thigh with rosemary-garlic sauce, with veggies, then ice cream, was delicious!
I watched a movie, girl in a train, then Bastille Day, Clint watched Doctor Strange, Hell or high water and Bastille Day. Snack was served, 1 hour out from Singapore, small chicken pizza, yum!
Landing into Singapore was smooth, from here we had to get Terminal 3 which meant taking the Skytrain. This airport always seems different when we come, they're always building here. We passed all the shops (surprise!) and walked to find our gate. We met a couple from Sydney at the X-ray machine, they too were going to a wedding but a different one! Apart from us, every one else was Indian! This plane is an A380-800, which when you see how many people are on it, you wonder how it gets up in the sky!
Away we go, and soon we are receiving dinner, choice of chicken or lamb curry! Food was delicious. Sitting behind us, we met a man who was taking his mother back home to Delhi, he lived in St Mary's, the other side of the city from us!
He was so interested in telling us all about Delhi and what to see and do, where to eat etc. His name was Umang, he used my iPad to write down foods for us to try!
Our arrival into Delhi came quickly, we were over the wing so couldn't really see all the light but saw thousands. Luckily, so much signs are in English and we made our way to the customs and baggage collection, then to the exit. I tried logging onto wifi, but had trouble. Eventually, a security guard was able to let me use his phone number to collect a number to use for the free wifi. We were arranged to be collected but couldn't find the driver holding our name, so after getting the wifi, we were able to communicate with our friends, who then told us to go outside as there were more people waiting outside. Found them easy, that was a relief!!
We then waited for Hanh and Thanh who were flying in from Brisbane, we've never met them, only by a photo, but we spotted them easy. Once we were all together, we went to the car park, we had to load the 6 of us and 3 big suitcases, 1 small suitcase, 2 boxes, backpacks, all into the van, a bit like my Tarago. We made it!! I don't think we were as packed in as some of the buses we saw on the way but it was squeezy!!
We made it to the hotel and went to check in, everything arranged for us, very easy and we said goodbye to our drivers and they left us.
We went to our rooms on the 3rd floor facing the metro station and road. Very nice room. Once we settled in, we all went to the dining room for a late snack and to get to know each other a lot more as we're here for a week of excitement.
We ate at about 11.50pm then went to our rooms to sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Time to celebrate our next adventure!Time to celebrate our next adventure!
Time to celebrate our next adventure!

Singapore Sling and Black Label Scotch!


13th February 2017

Sounds like a great start once the minor things were dealt with
13th February 2017

Ever thought of taking up writing, no need to travel any more, just tune in to Sue and Clints Travel AdventuresGood luck to you both, you deserve it . Ferris and Judy xxx
13th February 2017

How did you know that was Pt Vincent ? Make sure you try jalebies . Yummmm!!!Looking forward to hearing the next instalment . Xxxx
13th February 2017

Exciting waiting for lots of photos .
7th March 2017

Love hearing about another one of your amazing adventures! Great photos as well and now definitely keen to visit India! Looking forward to hearing more X
7th March 2017

Love hearing about another one of your amazing adventures! Great photos as well and now definitely keen to visit India! Looking forward to hearing more X

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb