leafy adelaide


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
April 1st 2014
Published: April 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

We flew into Adelaide from Brisbane and picked up our Holden hire car.

Our home for 4 days was a small colonial style house. It was a short 20 minute walk into Adelaide centre through some nice parkland. There were many colourful birds flying about and several cricket games in progress.

Our walk took us down to the Murray riverside and we sat outside and had some drinks overlooking the river and the Adelaide Oval stadium. In the evening we found a good Moroccan restaurant to round off the first day.

The next day was spent touring the Adelaide hills. Our tour started at Mount Lofty with panoramic views of Adelaide. We then visited Hahndorf an old German settlement. Finally we enjoyed some beer at The Old Woolen Mill and some wine tasting at Lobethal from Robert Johnson vineyards.

On our third day we drove down the Fleurie Peninsula stopping at Port Noarlungu. At Port Wilunga we enjoyed a walk along the beach where the "Star of Greece" ship had sunk many years ago in turbulent seas. The afternoon was spent visiting McClaren Vale. First stop was Ekhinda winery where we had a lunch platter and then on to Wirra Wirra vineyards and the famous Church Block wine.

On our final day in Adelaide we had a short drive to Glenelg. This is a pleasant seaside town with a short pier and an imposing town hall.

Then on our return to Adelaide we had a gentle stroll along the leafy, peaceful river bank and made our way into the Botanic Gardens. These were excellent. To end the afternoon we visited the Migration Museum which told the story of the early migrants. Our stay in Adelaide ended with a superb meal at Jasmin Indian restaurant in Adelaide centre.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



1st April 2014

It's been good to see you!
Great to see you enjoying Adelaide & surrounds & spending time with Gemma & Martin. Lovely photos! M xx
2nd April 2014

hi michelle
Hope you and kev are keeping well. I am really pleased you enjoy my blogs. You were my inspiration! We are now back in the UK after a memorable holiday and I am catching up with the blog writing. More to come soon! xx

Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.049s; cc: 15; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0758s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb