Walnut Cottage


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
January 14th 2006
Published: January 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We decided that it was way TOO HOT in Alice Springs, so we actually changed our flight to a day earlier and headed to Adelaide. We got there and we could definitley immediately feel the temperature difference, it was amazing!! We spent the night wandering this really cool & cutesy city. It had a great downtown filled with coffee shops, outdoor restaurants & cafes. Our real treat is getting excited about heading to the Barossa Valley for some wine tasting & most importantly a break from the hostels. A couple months ago I found this cute cottage online and reserved it just for this break. We got to the cottage and could not have been any more excited when we saw it. Don't worry, we took plenty of photos...it was absolutely perfect! Two rooms with two big comfortable beds, a kitchen filled not only with bacon, eggs, cereal, homemade bread, but even a complimentary bottle of wine. The best part though goes to the bathroom.......it had a claw foot bath tub.....I kid you not, we felt as though we had died and gone to heaven. Quite a different scene than the hostel life we've been perfecting the last month haha.
We mainly spent all our time relaxing in our cute cottage....we did go on a wine valley tour one day though. It was fantastic! The Barossa Valley is absolutely beautiful, not to mention its the oldest Shiraz producer in the world. So, we had a great time trying all the wines and doing our best to become wine connossieurs!!
As much as we loved Adelaide & Barossa Valley, we couldn't wait to go to Melbourne for the Aussie Open!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.475s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.4275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb