Adelaide


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
March 8th 2008
Published: March 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our arrival into Adelaide wasn't the smoothest arrival but we got to see some great views along the way. We flew which took about an hour, most of the way we got stunning views, but as we approached it got very bumpy & I think the pilot was in a hurry for his breakfast.

We visited the national wine centre & learnt something about wine before we headed on our vineyard tour which obviously wouldn't be complete without a wine tasting!

As we only had a couple of days we organised to go on an organised tour one of the days. We started in the morning with a tour of the famous Haigh's chocolate factory, which we had sampled in Sydney. It was then up to Mount Lofty where we got views across the whole area. In the afternoon we headed off to the Barossa Valley for some wine tasting. We went to three very nice vineyards not the general brand ones, we made sure we did plenty of tasting to make sure we brought the right wine buying wine in all three vineyards. We also saw all the big brand company & got to see where all the cheap Jacob's Creek wine drank on nights out originates from.

We spent Sunday enjoying Adelaide seeing the final bits we still had to see, we went to the beach & enjoyed our final few hours of freedom. It was the start of the Tour Down Under (equivilant of Tour de France) so lots of bikes & lycra about it started in Glenelg today, so as always in Australia there was a real carnival atmosphere and it was still another 6 hours before it started.

I don't think we had any expectations of what Adelaide was going to be like. It is a beautiful city with a real mix of old & new architecture. We also didn't expect it to have such nice beaches - as you can see beaches are featuring heavily in this trip. It would have been nice to spend a couple more days here, but it was time to get on the train.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb