A Holiday Within a Holiday!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
December 30th 2007
Published: January 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

After 8 weeks of travelling we reached our 'half way' point! Due to visa conditions we had to pop into Australia so that we could 'activate' our visa so we had a little 10 day break planned which was very nice.

Over the 8 weeks we have had brilliant fun and met loads of people that we have travelled, eaten and drunk with which has made it really enjoyable. Being in Adelaide for 10 days was nice though as we had a nice big comfy bed for the whole time and the comfort of knowing we could eat pretty much whatever we want without having to face rice or noodles!!!

We stayed with Niks mum and step dad, and Niks brother and his friend were there so we had a blast whilst we were there. We had two Christmas parties to go to (although we had limited clothes to choose from to wear!). Us guys all went to football training (soccer as I now have to refer to it as) on the two thursdays and also go-kart racing with Bills work guys.

So we've now updated you to the 21st December. Ths was the date that we flew from Adelaide over to Sydney! We met Niks parents in Sydney who were holidaying in Aus for Christmas and had two days to have a quick look around the city. As we were only there for two days we tried to cram in as much as possible - The Sydney Opera House, the Sydney Harbour Bridge and a trip up The Sydney Tower - the tallest structure in Sydney from where you can get a great view of the city. It was a really enjoybale few days but not long enough to get a good feel of the place - we'll definately have to go again so let us know if anyone fancies meeting us over there 😉

The next part of our busy Christmas schedule was flying from Sydney to Ko Samui in Thailand where we spent Christmas with Dave and his mate Si. We landed on the island on Christmas Eve and spent four really nice days laying by the beach and doing pretty much nothing!!! The temperature was a consistant 30C apart from one day when it drizzled slightly! We spent Christmas day on the sun beds by the pool with the beach right next to us. I think that this is the first Christmas day that I have got sun burnt. We'd just like to point out to Kat that the food is still all good and we're enjoying eating wherever we have been!

So thats us up to date. We're now on Ko Tao where we are currently dong our scuba diving PADI course which runs into the new year so we'll update you once we have finished here.

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and don't all get toooo drunk at new year!!

Love Craig & Nikki x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb