Adelaide - City of churches (and the Pie Floater)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
August 3rd 2005
Published: August 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well we know where we're goin', but we don't know where we've been, and we know what we're knowin', but we can't say what we've seen. And we're not little children, and we know what we want, and the future is certain, give us time to work it out......

We're on the road to nowhere, come on inside, etc, etc.

That's not strictly true, well maybe it was for the Talking Heads but we did really know that we were going to Adelaide and we were positive we've just left Perth.

So on to South Australia, we've spent the last 4 months in Western Australia and we've now got a month left to get back to Sydney via Adelaide, The Great Ocean Road, Melbourne and Canberra.

Adelaide is a beutiful city, much more so than Perth, it's totally different to Sydney also, it feels very British, the architecture, the pace, the buzz, it feels like a big Scottish University city, a cross between Aberdeen and Edinburgh maybe.

So we met the family, we toured the sights of this beautiful city so there was only one thing to do, tast the local cuisine!

I like to try the speciality dish of every place we visit, when in Rome and that, and when the special dish contains a pie (peh) then all the better.

This dish was a steak pie in some pea soup covered with pepper and vinegar and I have to say it was AMAZING!!

I can't believe I only tried one but not to worry, we'll be back in Sydney soon and I'll get back to Harry's Cafe de Wheels for me super special Tiger pie.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The taste testThe taste test
The taste test

the first bite of the floater


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb