22 July 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
July 22nd 2012
Published: July 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Rachel has made Sunday pancake day so that's always a nice way to get things underway. We rolled out of the Holiday Park a bit late because we lost the bathroom key we were supposed to return........oops!

We headed to Josephine Falls this morning and the temperature was quite cool walking along the path through the rainforest. The altitude combined with the overcast conditions are making walking a pleasurable activity in Queensland and there is no need to lather sunscreen from head to toe as was the case in far north WA. The Falls were great and the way the water has smoothed over the great granite rocks throughout the ages makes it a tranquil spot to relax.

Along the journey south to Innisfail we watched the harvesting of sugar cane and banana plantations and that's not something you see everyday. The plantations are so green and full of life but I would imagine over the next month or so the fields will be stripped bare as the yearly cycle starts again.

We stopped into Innisfail for lunch but this town is not a tourist destination as most seem to be along this stretch of coast. Once we re-fueled we worked our way back into the same free camp in Babinda for the night. Actually we pulled in quite early in the afternoon but with the sun shining it looked as inviting as anywhere to spend the afternoon.

PS we found that bathroom key. Fortunately that is money we'll see again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb