Mups and Stumpy do TheCape 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
July 22nd 2012
Published: July 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Jack and lukeJack and lukeJack and luke

The boys caught a good feed of golden trevally and they were very excited with their catch.
We stayed 5 nights at Weipa. What a great place it is! The weather has been gorgeous, the locals friendly and the fishing fantastic. Gav, Dad, Luke and Jack have been fishing everyday from a jetty not far from where we are camping. Gav has caught a large tarpin (threw it back, they aren't good eating, too many bones), Luke two grat trevallies and Jack a large trevally. The boys have caught enough fish for dinner, so Saturday night we cooked up a big feed of crumbed fish and chips.

We took the kids for a tour of the Bauxite mine. The boys really loved seeing the big trucks, Luke is now determined to drive one!

Weipa was great, wish us luck as we set off up the telegraph track!..........


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

My fishermen!My fishermen!
My fishermen!

We had a yummy feed of crumbed fish and chips with this lot!
FilletingFilleting
Filleting

Gav showed the boys how to fillet the fish.
LukeLuke
Luke

Lukes second catch was almost too big for him to hold!
caterpillar truckcaterpillar truck
caterpillar truck

Both the boys loved the mine tour. They now want to drive the big trucks they saw!
Bauxite MineBauxite Mine
Bauxite Mine

Olivia was quick to point out that most of the trucks were driven by women!!


26th July 2012

WOW, the fish are huge, well done boys!!! And good spotting Livvy on the girl drivers :) Hope you are all having a great time and the pics and stories are great xxxx
26th July 2012

Looks like your having a great time!! Enjoy Keep the Blogs comming
26th July 2012

OMG
Wow those fish look amazing boys great work! Good luck on the Telegraph Track cant wait to see pics :)

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb