Finch Hatton Gorge


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
September 10th 2011
Published: September 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 10th Sept
Colin and Louise took us for a drive to Eungella National Park, on the way we called into the Finch Hatton Gorge and what a beautiful hike to the the Araluen Falls through the rain forrest on such a beautiful day with the sun shining through the tree tops.
We called into the River Rock cafe on the way out and had a great Mango frostie drink in the outdoor patio right in the rain forrest.
Drove up the very windy road to Eungella Hotel, then onto the National Park and Broken River, had lunch with the bush turkey's before we did our walk through the rain forrest. Did the short walk to the platypus viewing area but did not see one this time. It was a lovely day and the weather was just beautiful again - this time we saw the view as there was no mist over the mountain.
Sunday 11th Sept.
Dawn and Ric came around to the caravan park for a BBQ lunch and we cooked it at the BBQ and park kitchen. We then went for a drive to see the Blue Lagoon in the city, what a great place for safe swimming for all the family and a nice walk along the board walk.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb