Fishing adventures Bucasia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
August 28th 2011
Published: September 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 28th August
Ray took John fishing (low cloud again today) in his boat. They headed off about 8.30 - just before high tide I started looking for them about 1.30pm when they had not returned and I had been down to the boat ramp and I saw that the water was well out from the boat ramp. I knew they would not be able to bring the boat in. Then I saw them coming in but they were coming in on the tide going out.
They managed to get the boat most of the way in through the channel but had to beach it and tie it to a mangrove tree and wait for the next high tide. As the boat ramp was right next to the caravan park John and I kept on going down to check and eventually at 8pm there was enough water to get the boat up the boat ramp. The tide comes in very quickly - when we we down to check at 7pm we could not see any water but by 8pm it was coming up the boat ramp and the magrove tree where the boat was tied was nearly under water, if we had come down 1/2 an hour later John would have had to smim out to untie the rope. We rang Ray and he came down (he was only 10mins away) and towed his boat out of the water with out any trouble.
John and Ray had a great day out on the water but no fish big enough to bring home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb