Queensland One - 30 May to 11 June 2011


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
July 6th 2011
Published: July 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well we made it to Northern Queensland (NQ) at last; those of you following our blog will know that we should have been here in late January but due to the dreadful wet weather, floods and cyclones we were unable to visit at that time. As we flew into NQ we were surprised that the area was so green with undulating countryside and tall peak covered in green trees. Indeed it was strange to see so much lush greenery all around compared to Darwin and Western Australia where we had spent the last month. We arrived at Cairns airport after a smooth flight and caught a taxi to Around Australia Motorhomes to pick up our new home for the journey around NQ before making our way to Crystal Cascades Caravan Park about 13km north of the city. What a lovely campsite this was, extremely well laid out with lots of colourful flowers borders. We decided to treat ourselves and booked an en-suite site - pure luxury. You just park your van by a concrete standing and you have a small cabin on site that contains a loo, shower and toilet all very convenient and all ‘yours’ for the duration of your stay. We booked in and were greeted with a very friendly welcome before being shown to our pitch by ‘Alwyn’ on his bicycle. What a friendly larger than life character he was with a deep sounding accent which to us sounded Cornish. His home was Tasmania but he travels to Queensland in the peak season to help out at the campsite. That probably explained why he sounded Cornish as a lot of Cornish people settled in Tasmania in the 1800s. We settled in and then decided to book a couple of local tours at reception. We were greeted by the owner’s son who again was really friendly and helpful. Outside reception was a lovely garden which was covered in bright blue, green and other colourful butterflies. The blue ones were the Ulysses butterfly which is also known as the Blue Mountain Butterfly. This large swallowtail butterfly is used as an emblem for Queensland tourism and we saw quite a few of them around NQ.

It felt good to be able to settle into a motorhome again after a few weeks in tents in the Outback and we were able to unpack our few belongings. We travelled into Cairns to do some shopping and actually it was weird to see so many shops and large supermarkets as there were not too many of these in the Kimberley and Darwin areas. The next morning we awoke early to catch the bus from reception for our first tour which was to Green Island on the Inner Barrier Reef. The island is located about 27km from Carins and about 45 minutes by the Fast Cat Ferry. For those of your interested in history it was in 1770 that James Cook noted ‘a low green woody island’ which he named after Mr Charles Green, the astronomer on board the Endeavour. Green Island is truly a ‘green island’, with its closed vine forest and canopy reaching almost 25m high in places. Waters around the island are protected within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and the island is actually a rainforest-clad coral cay, quite small but very picturesque. The first thing we did was to ‘don’ our snorkelling gear as well as lightweight suits to keep out the sun. The suits also provide protection from the stinging jellyfish (stingers) which can be present in the waters at any time of year. Within seconds we saw lots of colourful fish and a beautiful blue starfish (which looked like blue plastic), together with different hard and soft corals as well as several sea cucumbers and lots of sea grasses. The sea was only about 23 degrees which felt quite cold, even with our suits on so we did not stay in too long. We had a great time snorkelling but our new Olympus Water Camera we had purchased before we left the UK did not seen to be working properly and when we looked at it we noticed it was completely waterlogged…………….. We do not seem to have much luck with water cameras as the last one we had I managed to drop into the Solent off the Isle of Wight – but that’s another story which some of you will be aware of! We walked along a rotting wooden boardwalk which was in the process of being replaced with a plastic coated one and after a while emerged on the other side of the island. As it was low tide, the reef platform was uncovered which provided an ideal habitat for some diverse marine life as well as a multitude of birds. We were surprised to see no other people on this side and it felt like we had the whole island to ourselves. We sat on a washed up huge tree trunk and ate our picnic lunch whilst watching several white herons catch fish in the shallow waters right in front of us. We then followed the shoreline back around the side of the island to the jetty. In the afternoon we had another snorkel although the tide was going out making it difficult. It was difficult to get in over the shallow sea grasses and coral but within minutes we were swimming besides a large majestic green turtle. Nothing beats snorkelling with these lovely animals and we followed him or her for ages along the reef, whilst he/she remained relaxed feeding off the abundant sea grasses. Every now and then he/she surfaced right in front of us for air and we had the whole reef to ourselves with just this lovely turtle for company. Time passed by as we followed him/her around until he/she led us to some huge coral boulders which he/she floated over but we had to go around the side of them as they were too shallow for us. By the time we got around the boulders we lost sight of him/her as he/she continued on and out over the reef edge. By this time we were both getting quite cold so we swam quickly back to the shore. We had a hot shower and some coffee to warm up before heading back to our boat and our return journey to Carins. We arrived back at the campsite quite late as our ‘Italian’ bus driver got confused with where he should be dropping some other guests off!! Paul noticed that the barbeque area was looking rather busy and said that we would be having a very late meal. However a chap in the next caravan said that the owners were giving a free barbecue ‘sausage sizzler’ for campsite guests and everyone was invited. We just had to take our own drink, plate, knife and fork and join in. We met lots of friendly people with most being what are kwon as the ‘grey nomads brigade’. These are Australians who travel around the countryside following the best weather conditions literally chasing the sun. Queensland get busy after the wet season when the sun shines most of the day and the temperatures are good. They are quite fortunate to be able to avoid cold weather conditions with their huge country and the diverse climate in the different states which would not be feasible in the UK. We had a very entertaining evening and being the only ‘poms’ on the campsite they made us feel very welcome. We played charades which was good fun and Paul decided to mime ‘The Third Man,’ which the friendly Ozzies took ages to guess!!!!

The next day we got up early to drive to Freshwater Railway Station to catch the Kuranda Scenic Railway to the village high up in the rainforest. The train was not packed and we had plenty of room in the old fashioned carriages with comfortable seats and windows that opened at eye level. We travelled up steep gradients though the mountains with no fewer than 15 tunnels which had been hacked out of the mountainside in the 1930s by hand costing many lives. We stopped at several lookout point stations on the way up including the mighty Barron Falls lookout before emerging at the picturesque Kuranda Station. Kuranda village is nestled in a spectacular tropical rainforest with the markets and little shops selling almost everything. We walked along a number of local tracks one following the riverside with the cable cars high above our heads and on the rainforest walk we saw several birds including the large brush turkeys. Our return journey to Cairns was by the same cable car that had glided over us on our riverside walk and it was quite scary as we soared over the huge trees and waterfalls. One of the world’s longest gondola cableways it provides a bird-eye view over the tropical rainforest before emerging high above the town of Cairns with the ocean and Green Island shining in the distance. The journey took 90 minutes but included two stops where we could get out along the way with boardwalks through the forest and more spectacular views of Barron Falls which we had seen on our journey up on the Railway. As we emerged from the cable car a bus was waiting to take us back to the station to pick up our van. We had a great day out and if you ever get to Cairns its definitely well worth the trip.

On our return to the campsite we had received a reply to an email we sent to Olympus Camera saying that we should take our waterlogged camera to an Australian repair shop and they gave us a website to find one close to us. However the nearest one was in Brisbane which was about 1500 km away! We replied saying that we were very disappointed as the camera had hardly been used and was not fit for the purpose we had purchased it! The next morning we left our campsite and headed north stopping at a shopping centre in Smithfield where Paul managed to get his hair cut by a chap called Dave from Doncaster and we visited the local grog shop and supermarket. We continued our journey stopping at Trinity Beach where we walked along the sands, a truly idyllic beach setting with golden sand backed by swaying palm trees just like you imagine. Later we stopped at a lookout point which had stunning views looking back towards the city of Cairns. We finally arrived at Glengarry Big4 Campsite just outside Port Douglas where we were going to stay for a couple of days. We decided to have another en suite cabin to park our motorhome by – we were getting used to a bit more luxury now! We managed to Skype my sister Franny and also had an email from our granddaughter Maisie to say that she was ‘on line’ so we spoke to her and her friend Abby who had just arrived at her house for a visit. Needless to say she was quite happy to chat for just a few moments before she disappeared with Abby to play (grandparents soon take second place!). We had a short chat with Sharon and Nikki (Abby’s mum) which was nice, Skype is such a useful service – and free at the moment but what with Microsoft buying it out who knows.

The next day we travelled up the coast road to Port Douglas and walked along four mile beach before climbing to a lookout point at Flagstaff Hill where you got a ‘birds eye’ view of four mile beach, backed by swaying trees. Port Douglas has plenty of tourist shops which run along the road adjacent to the beach and hundreds of hotels which attract many tourists into the area during high season. Although the Australian economy appears to be strong the tourist industry does seem to be on a downturn and many of the shops were struggling. We were surprised to find that we could not find a shop selling water cameras with the town right on the Barrier Reef, apparently that had just closed down! We had received an email from Olympus to say that they would reimburse the cost of our water logged camera when we returned to the UK - much to our surprise but were unable to purchase one. Later we travelled on to Mossman with Mount Demi towering behind the town with quaint old buildings dotted along the main street. We travelled down the road/track to the gorge where we walked a few of the main tracks along side the river and into the rainforest where huge trees with large buttresses jutted out along the track – a real jungle setting.

In NQ many of the fields were planted with sugar cane in full flower and about to be harvested and we noticed huge expanses of the waving crop. Small gauge rail tracks edged the roadside and fields to enable swift transfer of the crop to the mills. Carriages some full of the raw cane edged the fields as we travelled around the countryside. Australia is currently one of the world's largest exporters of raw sugar with Queensland yielding over 90% of the total product.

Back at our campsite we had dinner cooked on the camp kitchen before planning our next destination. We decided to head north through the Daintree National Park and then continue on to Cape Tribulation until the sealed road ended. After this we would travel inland and south until we ran out of time and had to return the motorhome back to Cairns at the end of the month. Sounded like a good plan but we had plenty of time to change our minds before joining a cruise out on the Barrier Reef. We had no commitments apart from this so would just see when we ended up. We left Glengarry the next morning and headed north toward the Daintree National Park and stopped in the village of Daintree and booked a cruise up the river. We saw an abundance of bird life on the river including three types of Kingfisher including the colourful Azure Kingfisher. We also saw a huge brown and white Kite and lots of the beautiful Rainbow Bee Eaters. On the river we saw several large crocodiles ‘salties’ as well as a few juveniles basking on the edge of the banks in the shaded overhang. You definitely would not want to swim here; although our boat skipper said that he used to when he was a boy in the 60s (but then he did have a huge scar on his arm)! Our cruise ticket also entitled us to take another cruise free of charge further down the river which we did after having a picnic lunch overlooking the river. It was a really good value ticket as we could also undertake either boat trip as many times as we wanted over the next month.

We continued our journey crossing the Daintree River by the small cable ferry before heading on towards Cape Tribulation. The road became quite narrow and in several places was in a poor state of repair following the recent bad weather. At least it was sealed though (well sort off) which was good. We saw many signs saying to watch out for the Cassowary but we never did see one which was a shame. We finally arrived at Cape Tribulation Camping on Myall Beach where we booked in for a couple of nights. They did not have any en-suite campsite which we had become used to, oh well we will have to ‘slum it’ a bit again! We did have power, toilets and a shower which was a bit basic but clean and tidy and the location could not have been better. The setting more than made up for any lack of facilities as this is where the rainforest meets the sea and we parked the motorhome right beside the rainforest and edge of the most idyllic beach you could imagine. Later we walked along the beachfront - right out of a picture postcard. That evening we wandered across the campsite to their campfire welcome and spoke to a few fellow travellers whilst having a few drinks. Sitting on logs around a roaring camp fire reminded us of our time in the Kimberley a few weeks ago except you could hear the ocean here. We walked back to the van and the stars were amazing with the Milky Way really noticeable in the clear dark night sky.

The next morning we had breakfast on the beach with no-one else around a true paradise. Later we walked along to the end of the beach and joined a boardwalk which traversed through three different habitats – rainforest, freshwater, swamp and mangroves. The walk took us through these different terrains, crossing small creeks as it meandered through the undergrowth. We were still hoping to spot a Cassowary but all we saw were some brush turkeys and a couple of small brown scrub fowl which had scratched up a huge mound of leaves and twigs where they nest in the middle of the swamp. Heat from the rotting vegetation incubates their eggs concealed in the mound and several egg sites would be located in this one area. Instead of walking back along the beach we decided to walk down the small road towards Mason’s café which we did not think could be too far away to get a coffee. We eventually found the café which was also a small general shop and tour booking centre all in one and had a great coffee. We thought we would head back on another route back to our campsite along Myall Creek but which we had been warned had a resident crocodile. We decided to risk it as it was a much quicker route back but once we came to the edges of the creek we could hear rustling in the undergrowth and started to panic………………. I though there were plenty of trees to climb if a crocodile did come too close, but on asking Paul whether crocodiles could climb trees he said they did not need to as they could jump and as we had been informed you cannot outrun them!!!!! Needless to say the walk did not last long and we were back out on the other end of the beach before too long!

In the afternoon at low tide we could cross the creek at the other end of the beach (without fear of crocodiles swimming up river) which we thought was probably a better option than the morning walk. At the end of the beach we came to the rainforest where a track led us through to the beach on the other side. From here there was a small track leading up to a lookout point which had magnificent views of Cape Tribulation Bay and the mountains behind. We retraced out steps back along Myall Beach and ‘home’ which took quite a few hours but thoroughly rewarding. In the morning we had breakfast on the beach again with no-one else around, this huge beach all to ourselves – a truly lovely setting it was hard to tear ourselves away and move on but it was time to go. We travelled back along the bumpy narrow coast road and stopped at a couple of the walks on the way. One walk was amazing and not to long at about 1.2K through mangrove swamps ending at a large lake with stunning reflections on the water. We also stopped at a lookout point which gave wonderful views of the Daintree River’s entrance from the sea and also Snapper Island. We arrived back at the cable ferry crossing which was very quiet with there being only a couple of other cars and our motorhome on the return journey across the river. We decided to stop at the river and go on another river cruise as our previous ticket entitled us to have as many ‘free’ cruises as we wanted provided there had were two other people travelling. One other person was waiting for the cruise and luckily another arrived so we had another free trip down river with the other two travellers, one from NZ and a local. There was not much birdlife at this time of day so we were a little bit disappointed but there were several huge ‘salties’on the river bank which made up for the lack of birds. We also saw a Papuan Frogmouth, a bird so well camouflaged against the tree trunk it was so hard to make out. Just as were nearing the jetty the captain noticed a large male crocodile in the water and we trailed him in the boat for a while as he thought he might be heading for a female downstream. Sure enough he was, what an amazing site watching him glide his huge body through the river with just the ‘swish’ of his tail. He then disappeared underwater only to reappear just below the female on the bank. She immediately opened her huge mouth and made a large ‘growl’ it was just awesome to see this take place right in front of our eyes – a chance in a lifetime as they say. We stayed and watched for ages as the old male crocodile edged his way onto the bank and laid down beside the female. Being in the right place at the right time is so lucky in these wild places although the next group of travellers were a little miffed that the boat was late back………..

Back on dry land we moved on travelling back through the small town of Mossman and then inland and up over the range. The road was very steep but it was a good road and we continued ascending for ages before arriving on the plateau itself (we could see why they call this area The Tablelands. We carried on to Mareeba the main town in the Atherton Tablelands where we did some shopping and then asked at the information centre about campsites in the area. We decided to stay at Granite Gorge Nature Park which was about 11km outside the town. Granite Gorge is a square mile of tumbled rocks and huge grey slabs of stone created by some freakish upheaval of nature years ago. The gorge is surrounded by a eucalyptus forest which gradually gives way to orchards and tobacco plantations. The boulders were huge, often ending in sudden cliffs and steep slopes which gave a panoramic view over sections of the gorge. Many of the rocks were weathered into strange formations like The Whale, The Turks Head and the Balancing Rocks, which make up the bulk of the gorge. A creek flowed through the gorge and on occasions plunged underground to reappear amongst the rocks further down the slope. We turned off the main road and travelled down an unsealed road for a while before arriving at the campsite entrance and the end of the road. We were met by a lady who told us about a colony of rare wild Rock Wallabies that lived amongst the boulders. There were also various walks through the gorge to waterfalls, weirs and shallow and deep watering holes suitable for swimming. As we chatted she directed us on to a small platform looking into the gorge and everywhere we could see these really cute Wallabies prancing and jumping on the rocks with great balancing skills. The campsite layout was different to most we had stayed in because there were several power points to attach our power lead to but no order – more of where you wanted to park as long as the electric cable reached! The water supply was mainly bore water so you had to ensure you did not drink this. There was however a large tank which contained drinking water which was good to know. In the UK we take drinking water for granted but in Australia particularly at campsites you have to check what is drinkable and many are not, particularly in the Outback. There were only a couple of vans on site and we selected a pitch all to ourselves which was in fact about ½ an acre quite near to some huge boulders that looked out over the gorge and swimming holes. It was flat and even and the lady said we could light a campfire if we wanted which was a bonus. We parked the van and decided to go for a swim in the freshwater pool but when we got to where the Rock Wallabies were they surrounded us hoping to be fed. The campsite does issue healthy food bags to anyone staying at the site so we sat on the rocks and fed these cute little creatures who surrounded us. There were several females with their joeys peeping out of their pouches and it was a very unique experience sitting on these black granite rocks feeding these wild wallabies whilst others jumped and climbed the boulders all around us. We actually did not get to swim that day as when we finally left the wallabies we found a nice walk across a bridge which came out into a very scenic creek so we just sat and watched the water as the sun started to go down. We collected some firewood on our way back to camp and had dinner around a warm campfire (it does chill down quite quickly at night). As darkness descended we heard some rustling and were surrounded by several wallabies who actually came up close to the fire and sat with us – the most amazing experience ever. It was pitch black and you could not see them in the surrounding bush unless they moved close to the fire. There we were just us and a group of wallabies sitting under the stars around the campfire with no-on else for company – magic. The next morning we were awoken by a strange noise which sounded like a hot air balloon and when we looked out of the windows we saw it drop from the sky into the bush. It had travelled up into the Tablelands from Cairns and seemed to be having difficulty taking off. I finally managed to get into the air and sailed over our van and the granite rocks of the gorge and disappeared from sight. We really liked it here so decided to stay another day as we had no agenda to follow. and it was so peaceful here. The wallabies from the night before had all returned to the gorge, apparently they only came into the campsite at night to feed off the grass and return to their domain on the rocks during the day. They probably also realise that they may get fed in the day by passing visitors. We were not short of company though as we had breakfast with a couple of Laughing Kookaburras perched in the tress as well as a large Kangaroo on the edge of the bush. Later we decided to walk into the gorge and follow one of the walking tracks. It was quite easy going at first and some of the boulders had painted white dots to follow but then the granite rocks got larger (some were as large as houses) but we continued on climbing where necessary. The white dots sometimes disappeared and Paul had to haul me up some very steep sections (I was sure he was choosing the most difficult route!) We crossed a couple of small creeks as well as some raging gorges where the water vanished only to reappear just further down stream. We finally arrived at the bottom where there was a large freshwater pool and was also the location of the rock called The Whale which was completely natural including the eye. We sat on the boulders and watched the world go by before heading back to the campsite. The route back was through the bush on a narrow track but we soon found our way home. We were quite warm now so set off to the shallow freshwater pool for a swim. The pool was located by a weir and several waterfalls and if you sat on the rocks you had your own personal shower - although quite cold! We had lunch outside the van and wandered around collecting some firewood for our campfire that evening. We got warm again (hot work collected firewood) so we wandered down to a deep freshwater pool. It was tricky to get into the water as the rocks were slippery but we held on to the edge off a small weir and jumped in. The pool was quite deep and very refreshing and it continued down stream into a wide river with several large boulders in the middle. As we dried off on the rocks we noticed several small terrapins coming up for air in the pool (we found out later they were Saw Shelled Turtles). On our way back to camp we passed several wallabies and saw a Joey climb out of the pouch to under the rocks before darting back to mum and clambering back into the pouch head first. That evening we had another campfire and as it got dark we were joined again by the wallabies some go so close to the fire we had to keep moving them back! The next day we decided we still did not want to leave this sanctuary so booked another day - we really must go sometime! We spent the day lazing around the deep water hole watched the little Saw Shelled Turtles come to the surface for air and joining them for a swim when it got too hot for us. Later we collected more firewood and had a repeat visit by the wallabies (I think they brought all their friends as well this time). During the early hours of the morning having a need to go to the bathroom I noticed a lone wallaby still warming himself by the embers of the fire. In the morning it really was time to say goodbye to this lovely place and move on but we could have stayed here a lot longer. Hopefully the wallabies will find other travellers with campfires tonight.

We travelled a short distance to the township Atherton which is the main town in the area and visited the information centre to pick up some brochures. We travelled on to the Nyleta Wetland bird hide at Hasties Swamp National Park where they have a two-storey bird hide and we saw many birds out in the swamps including the Purple Swamphen and hundreds of Plumed Whistling Ducks which really did whistle instead of quack and they had amazing plumage! We continued on and stopped on the side of the road to view the extra large Curtain Fig Tree, a huge 500 year old tree with aerial roots that hung down to the floor like a curtain. We parked up for the night at a campsite near Yungaburra and decided to walk to Lake Eacham, a crater lake nearby. We walked around the lake and saw a few small animals which we think were Rat-Kangaroos feeding on the forest floor. Not much bigger than a guinea pig and brown in colour with a pointed snout they were not easy to spot. When we arrived at the swimming section of the lake we saw a large group of Saw-Shelled Turtles floating in the water. These turtles are the only native turtle to Lake Eacham and its one of the most unusual Australian freshwater Turtles in that it has the ability to breathe through its bottom! The turtle circulates water in and out of its cloaca ‘bottom’, where thousands of tiny blood rich projections absorb oxygen – in a similar way to fish gills. This ability allows the turtle to remain under water for long periods of time but like most turtles they still have to come to the surface to take a breath. We are not sure if these are the same turtles that we swam with in the freshwater pools at Granite Gorge but they certainly looked the same. During the evening we experienced our first rain since we left Adelaide towards the end of March a few months ago now. In the morning the sky was covered in clouds, quite strange after so many weeks of pure blue skies! We got up early to travel into Yungaburra a view kilometres down the road to spot the elusive and rare Platypus which are usually seen early in the morning. However we awoke late and by the time we got there it was already 0930 hours. We decided to walk along the river anyway but were not hopeful as the Platypus is rarely spotted during the day. We parked the car and walked past the Platypus Hide where we chatted to a guy from Adelaide who said he had just seen a couple in the river below. Sure enough within minutes we were viewing these most elusive of creatures as they surfaced and swam along the river banks. We had spent hours in Sydney Zoo back in January trying to spot them without success so we were extremely lucky to see them today completely wild. We carried on along the Paterson Walk which follows the river bank in the village as we chatted to the guy from Adelaide who joined us before walking back to our cars and bidding farewell. We continued on to Malanda Visitor Centre which was difficult to find as the sign posts did not seem to be correct and we drove around in circles. We did eventually find it and were told that the original building had recently been destroyed in a fire and they had relocated to a local Dairy as a temporary measure. We collected details of several walks around Malanda Falls just on the edge of town. There was a small waterfall and we also spent a few hours walking around the forest although part of the walk was closed due to cyclone damage. We were hoping to see the Lumholtz Tree Kangaroo one of only about eleven species of tree kangaroo, but were out of luck. We did however manage to see a Spotted Catbird deep in the rainforest. It was a greeny brown bird and blended into the forest canopy very well. We continued back to our campsite and actually had dinner in the van that evening, the first time since we picked up the van as it was quite cold and grey. The next morning we drove around the16km ‘waterfall circuit,’ starting at Milla Milla Falls which was a really picturesque falls even though it was a very misty overcast day. We remembered Peter and Christine from South Wonston telling us about these falls when they visited Oz a few years ago. We continued on to Zillie Falls where the Teresa Creek falls into the abyss and surrounded by green ferns. We then walked down past more fern fronds to Ellinja Falls, each different but quite stunning amongst the thick green rainforest canopy. We finally returned to the Palmerston Highway and started making our way out of the Tablelands towards the coast. On the way we walked to both the Wallicher and Tchupala Falls but as we neared the latter a notice said ‘due to Cyclone Larry (which hit the area in March 2006) the falls were closed’ and we only got a glimpse of these thundering falls which were strewn with huge broken trees and debris. We back tracked to Wallicher Falls, hoping that we would be able to reach these which we did and it was well worth the trek as they were indeed stunning. These two falls were not as popular as the ‘circuit falls’ as the tracks to get to them were extremely overgrown and harder to walk with the edges of the rainforest covering the track in places. We also had to avoid the Stinging Trees which grow along these tracks and have a very painful sting. We made it back to the van and had some lunch when Paul spotted a couple of leeches on the floor of the van and then noticed that he had a ‘bloody’ foot – the little bbbbssss had managed to get into his shoe from the rainforest floor. As you can imagine we spent ages checking ourselves and our backpacks to ensure that we did not carry any of these horrid things with us. We finally emerged out of the Tablelands in one piece and headed towards the coast for our visit to the Whitsunday Islands and the Barrier Reef – see you there.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb