2 weeks holiday


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
April 9th 2010
Published: September 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Between lemon picking and cotton farming, we had nearly 2 weeks off. So decided to spend all the money we had earnt from lemon picking and go camping on the coast. We basically hopped along the coast stopping at various bays and beaches, pitching our tent (which Nick and Becky had given us to use and one that they have owned since the month before I was born!! .... it still works - just!) and chilling out on the beach. Places that were particuarly nice was Hervey Bay (the jump off point for Fraser Island) and Bargara.
We bought boogy boards which provided hours of entertainment in the sea (and frustration at lack of waves), went on some nice walks in national parks and did lots of relaxing.
One night my feet became dinner for a million sand flies and I suffered with nasty reactions to the bites for about 4-5 weeks afterwards which was quite painful. But I do love being by the sea!
Fair bit of rain for a few days which became teidious after a while in the tent. The tent is just about big enough to fit both of us on a blow up air mattress in and that's about it. So in the rain we either take hommage in a pub / museum / aquarium / shopping centre, or have to squeeze into the tent and read! Packing up a tent in the rain is certainly a challenge, and getting it out the other end when it is all wet is not so nice. Pretty sure that Australia doesn't advertise it's rain as much as it does it's sun!
Nice few weeks off though. Car going well so far.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



19th September 2010

Whilst on "holiday" we also did some kyacking around a river in Noosa which was good fun - lots of little island in the rivers which you can pull up close to - lots of wildlife etc.

Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb