Brisban, Noosa, Surfers Paradise and Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
August 20th 2010
Published: August 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Its been a long time since we've been to brisbane, noosa and surfers, but I thought Id give you a quick summary of how it went, just to keep you informed of the trip.

Brisbane we stayed in a hostel (just cant remember the name of it), it was the worse hostel we stayed in. the room was full of people living there long term and they were so unpleasant! But the thing that really freaked me out was that there was no side of the edge of the top bunk, to stop me rolling off! And also someone robbed my pillow, ok they all sound like little things, but isnt it the little things in life that keep us happy!! We didnt see much of brisbane, I think we only stayed here one night. But we did get to meet up with friends we met on fraser island, they were the irish girls and they were great craic! We had a great night dancing and then moved on....

Noosa was the next stop, again it was a very short visit. I thought this place was gorgeous, a lovely little town, very clean and pleasant, but totally out of our backpacking budget! The little town was filled with designer clothes and even the supermarket was expensive. But we did go from noosa to steve Irwins zoo, and celebrated Australian day there and got free lamingtons! It was a brilliant day, the zoo is amazing!! Its just so so sad that steve irwin died, he did so much great things for the animals. Ive never seen enclosures like the ones in this zoo, and it sounds ridiculous but the animals all moved around and looked happy haha!! This is a definitely MUST DO!

Next stop was surfers paradise were me and ste fell in love with Australia! When we arrived at the hostel (sea and surf) they upgraded us to a private room, just cause the owner is irish and he likes looking after his own. We were delighted with this, but further more it wasn’t just a room, it was an entire house next to the hostel! We had our own kitchen, sitting room, foxtail cable, there was two bedrooms, but only one night a person stayed in the spare room. We loved it so much we extended our stay here and stayed for 5nights. As it was the end of our east coast trip we decided to rent a cool car, we finally settled on a smart car convertible, haha! It was hilarious, ste was almost sticking out of the top. But it was good fun. We also went to warner brothers movie world and sea world, the theme parks were great, Id definitely recommend the m. I really did love the atmosphere, there was lost of shops, a nice few bars, and it was right on the beach, Perfect!! We thought about staying for good, but then agreed to carry on to Sydney. We both loved surfers paradise, and have return to it since then, and intended to return again, unfortunately that wont be happen on this trip though.

Byron bay was a quick stop, we spent to long in Surfers and so didn’t have much time in Byron bay. It is a lovely little town, very hippy and laid back. We stayed at Nomads hostel, this was definitely the best hostel I have stayed in, it was very central, so clean and fresh, really liked it here! After this we were tired and ready to settle down for a few weeks, onwards to Sydney!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb