Gladstone with the girls..Mackay mayhem


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
January 10th 2009
Published: March 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our first work post was a few hours up from the gold coast, we met up with our other 2 team members.. two Danish girls called Sofie and Signe (pronounced ZENA like the warrior princess) and moved into travel-mode before reaching our apartment full of krispy kreme doughnuts!!yum!
The apartment was fairly nice, comfortable and clean with some laz-e-boys chairs and stuff so that was nice. Not great with numbers work-wise but we did our best and eventually one of our managers came up to try and vamp things up and we got a couple of good days. We were pleased to move on after 2 weeks though as there wasn't much to do there.. but Matt and i were beginning to feel the strain working and living with twoo girls who spoke Danish most of the time amongst other things.
Whilst we were in Gladstone we didn't do much sightseeing but we did go and see Marley and me and the cinema which made even the most manly man feel teary-eyed (so of course matt was a goner!)

A few more hours driving to our big destination of Mackay and an apartment the next step up from Gladstone with some nice furniture and a REALLY good bed with a PROPER duvet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hooray for us!! When we arrived we went straight to the beach where unusually the beach was totally deserted. Matt plunged into the sea for a short splashy swim and we stood and watched a little more anxious about the possible presence of stingers (jellyfish) which are common this time of the year. Matt laughed it off but we decided to stick to the pool from then on. Later that day we saw the news reports saying that particular beach had been closed that morning because stingers had been seen in the water.. Close shave!!!
Got eaten by mozzies whist being here but did our best to avoid them. No days off because of such a busy shopping centre but it was worth it for the money!!
Numbers were good we hit targets and made extra cash, also recruited 2 new team members and said farewell to the Danes..much to our..by that time relief (nothing personal or specific about Danish people..just got too much in the end). Our 2 new people an Auzzie girl called Lindsay 23 engaged and to be frank..a little high maintenance. and Monique a Kiwi girl 18 yrs old good laugh has previously worked for another photography company. We had met them both for one day trials and then simply picked them up on the way up to Townsville..a moderately long journey is perfect for getting to know people anyway!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0927s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb